Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
(Name changeable)
*Idea started/main ideas from TheDiamondTiger*

A new form of currency called 'gold'. No, not like the item, this 'gold' will be a set amount of 100k (or whatever staff thinks is best). It will be a digital currency like bank usage, but it can o my be accessed through the 'pouch' it is in which is like it's item. Each player can only have one pouch which should stop item duplication. The item for the pouch is decidable, but recommended is a colored firework star.

-Why is this needed? Like any server with money, there is an economy. Depending on plot values, new jobs, and even bugs, the value of the Mc Cities $$$ goes up or down. Implementing something like this opens up a whole new way of trading money and the value of this new currency will be more stable.

-Why 100k? What was mainly proposed, is that the value of this 'money' would be more stable. Currently the value of money on this server decreases every moment as new players join and sell items to an infinite shop. Keeping this 100k+ per gold/whatever makes sure only Citizen+ can access - and that too, only in small quantities.

This would not only change the economy in terms of trade and commerce, but also make the server more realistic (as in multiple currencies).

~Thanks for reading

Reactions: Powerfull

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
(Name changeable)

A new form of currency called 'gold'. No, not like the item, this 'gold' will be a set amount of 100k (or whatever staff thinks is best). It will be a digital currency like bank usage, but it can o my be accessed through the 'pouch' it is in which is like it's item. Each player can only have one pouch which should stop item duplication. The item for the pouch is decidable, but recommended is a colored firework star.

-Why is this needed? Like any server with money, there is an economy. Depending on plot values, new jobs, and even bugs, the value of the Mc Cities $$$ goes up or down. Implementing something like this opens up a whole new way of trading money and the value of this new currency will be more stable.

-Why 100k? What was mainly proposed, is that the value of this 'money' would be more stable. Currently the value of money on this server decreases every moment as new players join and sell items to an infinite shop. Keeping this 100k+ per gold/whatever makes sure only Citizen+ can access - and that too, only in small quantities.

This would not only change the economy in terms of trade and commerce, but also make the server more realistic (as in multiple currencies).

~Thanks for reading
McCities, Is supposed to be a towny, economy, roleplay server. Things such as inflation and economy changes, simulate real life. By adding this "Gold pouch" it will eliminate the roleplay experience of a un- stabilized economy. I understand why you think if the economy crashes this "Gold pouch" will help you contain your money until the economy recovers, or a steady way of money, but the chances of the economy crashing are very low.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
McCities, Is supposed to be a towny, economy, roleplay server. Things such as inflation and economy changes, simulate real life. By adding this "Gold pouch" it will eliminate the roleplay experience of a un- stabilized economy. I understand why you think if the economy crashes this "Gold pouch" will help you contain your money until the economy recovers, or a steady way of money, but the chances of the economy crashing are very low.
'low', but helps future proof unless there will be a server restart

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Diamond Cave, Quartz Forest, Kepler 186f
My original post was about a way to find inflation, but we concluded that only a second currency can find this. I do recommend seeing that article, here, before giving feedback so you can understand the full idea. Now this is not a shelter for money, but a way of keeping track of economic growth. All economies need slight inflation, but the amount presently is a bit... absurd. Also, do not think of this as a second currency, but a type of cryptocurrency, more controlled by the players than the server. This currency also needs to be independent of the current money, so it can be differently controlled, and like a cryptocurrency; the amount introduced to the market will be gradually declined. There will be NO shop for this so it will be a currency for player use only, but can be exchanged for regular money at depending on how much the regular currency is worth; so it will not be a fixed exchange rate.

Last edited:

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I agree with jo this is getting silly
Please don't comment, unless you have something useful to say... This was just an idea and whether it gets implemented or not is the decision of staff. May I also remind you about most of your suggestions....

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
(Name changeable)

~Thanks for reading
This sounds pretty cool! I see how a premium currency like this would be great. (For those that don't know, premium currency is kinda a hard to earn currency, like gems. They are a secondary to money, and retain the same value as you progress in a game).

One question I have is: aren't exp levels a type of premium currency, and how would this Pouch O Gold keep the market from skyrocketing for it? What could you buy with the new currency?
An idea I have for this is that Pouch O Golds can buy mythic drops, scrolls, armor, and maybe small plots. Instead of saying, "100k, negotiable", you could say "1 Pouch O Gold". I really like the idea PurpleTurkey, and TheDiamondTiger! I will be very interested to help if you need any! Can't wait to see what staff think! I think it would be interesting to see where this goes, even If the pouches are with 10k, but you can only make them a special way or something. I understand from Kiri's post that it might be hard to add this in without glitches and such, but it would be fun to give it a try, as long as it doesn't destroy my favorite server!

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
This sounds pretty cool! I see how a premium currency like this would be great. (For those that don't know, premium currency is kinda a hard to earn currency, like gems. They are a secondary to money, and retain the same value as you progress in a game).

One question I have is: aren't exp levels a type of premium currency, and how would this Pouch O Gold keep the market from skyrocketing for it? What could you buy with the new currency?
An idea I have for this is that Pouch O Golds can buy mythic drops, scrolls, armor, and maybe small plots. Instead of saying, "100k, negotiable", you could say "1 Pouch O Gold". I really like the idea PurpleTurkey, and TheDiamondTiger! I will be very interested to help if you need any! Can't wait to see what staff think! I think it would be interesting to see where this goes, even If the pouches are with 10k, but you can only make them a special way or something. I understand from Kiri's post that it might be hard to add this in without glitches and such, but it would be fun to give it a try, as long as it doesn't destroy my favorite server!
It will take out the roleplaying fact of the flexibility of a economy.

D

Deleted member 832

Item currency is not favored as they are hard to track if exploited/duped/etc.
Yeah, but if we can make it soulbound it's essential dupe proof. Let say I use a command like /pouch and I store money, I can place the pouch (backpack) in a chest with a special UUID that doesn't allow new ones

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
I don't think people are understanding this idea, so I will state my points in the clearest way possible.
1) This is not an alternative currency for sheltering your money.
2) This is a simple way of keeping track of inflation
3) This currency would be independent from the current currency and will have no shop.
4) This will be controlled by the players and not by the server.
5) This will help control inflation in the current system.
6) There will not be a fixed exchange rate, so the new currency will not always equal 100k or whatever
7) If i think of more, I will add them.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
It will take out the roleplaying fact of the flexibility of a economy.
I see what you mean Jo- the economy part of house prices and weapons is really a big part of the server, and I have to partially agree. The other part of me thinks that there may be some fun in having the premium currency. I'm torn- HELP!!! :D

D

Deleted member 832

I have an idea for a better name than gold; "sterling." It doesn't sound childish, or cheap; ex. doubloons. Plus it means excellent or valueable.
Sterlings sound good, It's the British currency after all. How about BitChip? Or tigercash

TheDiamondTiger

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Feb 19, 2017
Before I forget and this is too old to bump; an equation for the worth of a sterling could be:

f(x) = m/s [x = worth of 1 sterling, s = amount of sterling in the market, m = amount of money in the market]

If there is about 100mil in money in the market and 1000 sterling are exchanged for; 1 sterling should equal 100k. (x = 100,000, m = 100,000,000, s = 1,000)

Now to have an equation like this constantly update; at warp bank, a denizen citizen should be created where people could exchange sterling for money and vice versa. The only issue is that devs will need to use the Citizens 2 api to make a denizen that can run an equation like this that modifies the amount the currencies are equal.