Big_C

Verified
Big_C
Big_C
Millionaire
Dec 10, 2017
Germany
Hey there folks!

I'm not sure if this has already been suggested before (if so please say so), but I was thinking of giving it a shot.
My idea for maybe expanding scrolls and mythicdrops a bit is the following:

The player should be able to kinda "craft" higher tier scrolls with lower ones, as this would give the lower tier scrolls a bit more meaning than as of right now. Pretty much everyone wants tier III or IV scrolls, so the lower ones just get thrown away or whatever. I was thinking if you had something like (for example) five tier I scrolls and be able to merge/craft them into one tier II scroll. Then maybe four tier II scrolls for one tier III scroll and so on.

As for Mythicdrops I was thinking a bit similar, five or four common random tools/weapons/armor for one or two uncommon random tool(s)/weapon(s)/armor.

I do hope people agree to this and we get to see this on the server in the near future.

Kind regards,
Big_C

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I do agree, something should level out the op mythics as only rich players can get them and it is just not fair for quite some time. But rich players can take advantage quite easily this way. Getting tier 1 scrolls is easy. Saving them up and crafting them is easy too.
I think of a new type of weapons wich don't need grinding just money
(Like better guns) was added people can fairly pvp. More Roleplay would be added and you can protect yourself from mythics.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Nope, I understand its fairly hard to get but like seriously, if that happened it would be so easy to get legendary and tier 4s.

5 tier 1 is 1 tier 2 so that means 25 tier 1s would be tier 3. So like 125 tier 1s would = to a tier 4

In other words 5^3 would mean you get one tier 4. A lot of people collect tier 1-2s just for the sake of it so some people like me have over 200 tier 1s so we would honestly just get a lot more scrolls. Besides this its kinda easy to get legendaries/mythics. Even if I got a grinder, when I /vote I usually get something decent/good out of 3-4 /scrolls.

Besides this, if you guys actually play other servers, factions skyblock etc. custom enchants dont work that way. Custom enchants you cant level them up by collecting s bunch of the newbie tier, you need to get the highest tier yoruself.

Ive never seen a feature like it but it will likely make getting op mythics way faster. Yet again the devalue of mythics.

Now I understand how sad you can’t get anything good. But really is everything in McCities Mythics, its not an obligation to spend your exp on /scroll, Honestly most of the time i spend mine collecting enchantment books because sometimes I can sell them for more or use it for better purposes, rather than keep /scrolling but.

I honestly think most players are salty on how us players with a lot of mythics take our time to grind. We dont really earn direct money when grinding mobs fyi. So we actually need to choose exp or money. In other words people can be good in the city aspect but maybe not in the exp earning aspect. My wealth, I didnt use that to purchase blaze spawners, I did a few before maybe when I didnt have a rank but mostly me and my friends collected them by hand. Built our base by hand. We deserve to have something good from what we put all our effort in.

If it were to be this way why not we do 5 houses = 1 mansion, wouldnt that be fair now.

Its honestly possible to protect yourself from mythics, the game is still 80% based on pvp. If you can barely pvp having mythics doeent give u that much of an advantage. It gives some like weaken or other effects but its not really the thing that kills players. I use to fight people with regular dia, one year ago, until now he still beats me, my mythics are better than his yet he beats me. Its mostly on skill not gear.

If I were to suggest something it would be custom enchants. Custom enchants would range from different things, like strenth or haste or something like double exp. or other effects that are found in the game. Should still require use of exp.

The reason im saying this is, its only fair that the server is subdivided not only on money but on exp as another source of wealth that has a purpose.

Such as the pvp aspect is majorly controlled by exp while the market/and real estate market is controlled by money.

In some ways you can think that us players sell mythics for money, sometimes we do, but those are usually the ones we dont use. And your probably thinking how can regular players get 6 slot or 5 slot mythics since no one bothers to want to sell theirs. Well that decides purely on luck, because in the end people who grind for mythics still rely on luck, we just invest more of our time into it rather than earning cash.

Sorry for long post xD

Joseph28768

May 21, 2018
Too lazy to read all the posts in this thread about the topic. but if you were to make them craft-able. it would be increasingly hard. how about still make it so Tier 1 scrolls can't be crafted together to increase it's level. and only Tier 2-3 ones can. and to make it even more extreme instead of regular mc how you add lvl 3 to 3 to make lvl 4 for example. you need 4 tier 3's to make a tier 4. doubling the scrolls needed to craft the next tier.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

Death

Mar 18, 2017
That isnt very hard, i got over a stack of tier 2s. So if a stack of tier 2, that means i can make 32 tier 3s and 8 tier4s. I mean just saying, when you do /scroll 4 times in a row for the scrolls, your bound to atleast get 1-2 tier 2s with a chance of higher as well. Its pretty easy honestly thinking about it. Id rather just discard the whole idea, a lot of players have spent solid cash on valuable mythics, it would be sad to just devalue the things they work hard for. Besides more players are better off than before, i remember before only like less than 10 people had a tier 3-4 mythic. Now theres like what 40+

Joseph28768

May 21, 2018
But i agree to death, many players have spent cash on scrolls at that value. more fair if the people "get on their level" and deal with it. it's been always fair since in order for those players to get OP in the first place, they worked hard on achieving it.

ThatOneGuy4205

Jul 11, 2017
Never gonna tell, UK
In my own opinion I think it would actually be a good idea to combine tier 1 scrolls, could also be a random scroll that a player gets depending on the combo of tier 1's. This could also extend to item drops from /scroll, like you could combine 2 or more of the same item e.g. iron axe, diamond helmet to create an item on the next tier up, so like 2 or more uncommon items could make a "rare" item

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
I agree what death said, IF there would be any way to craft scrolls together it should not be easy. I know how frustrating it can be for a new player to be killed by one with ‘op’ gear, but it’s not always like whomever has the most money is the best.

For example, you can’t straight out buy mythic drops or scrolls, they are randomly given to you and cost a good amount of xp. When an up and coming ‘Rich player’ wants to get into the mythic Department. The thing is, they will take a long time to find a suitable weapon or scroll. Why? Because of the amount of those items in circulation and the actual odds of finding a good weapon. Good mythic tools/weapons/armor arent to hard to buy, especially if you’ve got money, but being able to buy one with those ‘perfect stats’ IS hard. many people save up for a long time for an opportunity to buy those ‘god tier’ items, but you simply can’t buy them since no one has any (or they might be in use). The whole premise of this current mythic drop system is LUCK. Like stated before you don’t directly buy items, it’s randomly given, meaning everyone technically has the same chance of receiving XXX weapon as the next guy. Yes, you can grind extra xp (30, maybe 40) for an another attempt, but they would deserve the ‘increased total odds’ since they worked for the Xp.

A similar argument can be used for scrolls. Tier 4 scrolls such as darkness, are every rare and what makes them harder to acquire is that scrolls are a 1 time ordeal, as you cannot under the action of adding one to a mythic drop. This is even excluding the fact that noobs at times use good scrolls on random things and ‘waste’ them.

I know this doesn’t directly criticize or compliment the original suggestion, but I hope it sheds a bit more light on the fact that even with money, mythical drops aren’t easy to acquire and then ‘stack/upgrade’.

Sorry for bad spelling or grammar, this was written on my phone

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Just saying crafting to make better items ruins the value, if two tier 3s could make tier 4 then even then tier 3 weapons wouldnt exist. Over all I like how balance still exists within different tiers over having everyone hoard on just tier 4 weapons. Honestly whats the difference of tier 2-3 theyre all mostly just a second difference for some 0.5 second for some. It depends on the scroll, and just saying tier 1-2 isnt completely useless, i use it for experiment purposes sometimes. In choosing the name of a weapon etc... seeing how far the stats are.

Reactions: Turkey