Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
Player Run Jobs

Atm there are 3 main jobs run by staff - Police, Teacher And Architect. Staff do an amazing job at running these but sometimes they have to go inactive for multiple reasons. But I believe that if players could run some jobs that would be awesome. Now this has been brought up once or twice before but was never the main idea so here are some jobs i came up with

Theatre : So as most of you know we have a theatre right next to the bank. Now this is actually sort of a player run job as Torynx has ownership of it and can make special announcements when starting a play. She can also add people to the stage so they can get onto it and build there. Unfortunately Toryn ix inactive so that defeats the purpose of it, but for the theatre job we could have-

1 Head Producer
2-3 Main Actors And Assistants

Then ofc the head producer can hire more actors when they decide to do a play. And these plays would be decently good and time put into to create the best experience

News: The news company would do two things. They would have a little office where weekly The head news agent and his assistant would record a news tv show basically. This in fact used to happen with @nibble and hm_shi. Also what the News job would have . Is a few journalists to write a weekly news paper, that would be posted on the forums. The journalists would interview players and get news about what people are doing. Maybe news about a new company or about one of the other player run jobs. etc..
Jobs For News:
1 Head Of News (idk a name lel)
1 Assistant
1-3 journalists

Crime Lord: This is a big one. Crime has slowly been going for a while but if we had a crime lord (almost opposite of police) than it could liven up a bit. So I thought, maybe there could be a crime warp. (near blackmarket) and say for example if u want to get a gun you would have to go there instead of to the back of the blackmarket. I also think with this we should shrink the blackmarket and make a lot less rooms so a rented shop is actually something hard to get. Also if we made drugs a profitable income then more people would choose to make drugs. So maybe a shop at this crime warp where you can sell your drugs.
Jobs For Crime Lord:
Crime Lord - Manages the warp and blackmarket.
Crime workers- People who sell drugs at the blackmarket and have perms to sell players a gun or ammo

Eco - This will be in charge of jobs kinda - So one example is he can create maybe a weekly or monthly custom fish (you can do this because i play on another server that does this) these fish could be worth a lot more and much rarer and can give u special perks like potion affects or so on. Also maybe instead of having just potatoes at the farm they can change it sometimes to wheat or other crops instead. Also they can come up with ideas to enhance jobs and make them more fun along with nibble. They can also be in charge of fixing the economy and providing taxes (not to large) to people with different money amounts (like irl)
Jobs:
1 Head Of Eco
2-3 Assistants

Librarian- So we have a library, we also have the library command which is broken. I thought the librarian would be able to make the library useful as rn there is no point in it. I thought they way you would do it is the librarian + assistants organise the library and then people come to them and request to publish a book at the library. If it ias accepted the librarian then makes a new command sign which when right clicked by a player gives you a book automatically. I reckon there should be a timer at how often you can borrow books and how many books you can borrow at once ( if we were able to get a book return thing working)
Jobs:
Librarian
1-3 Assistants

So these are just some ideas. Ofc i have already got suggestions for what the job would do but being in that position also requires you to come up with more ideas tro improve the job. Some of these are a bit far fetched and might never be used but who knows. Anyway these jobs would be useful because it means we dont require on staff 24/7 to get things running as now normal players can do things to enhance the server. Also players will feel more respected and trusted. I would think that you have to be citizen to get these jobs as well as some of them you need to be quite trusted with perms and such-
I have a few more ideas that i may post in the comments

Thx ;)

T

Trump15024

Player Run Jobs

Atm there are 3 main jobs run by staff - Police, Teacher And Architect. Staff do an amazing job at running these but sometimes they have to go inactive for multiple reasons. But I believe that if players could run some jobs that would be awesome. Now this has been brought up once or twice before but was never the main idea so here are some jobs i came up with

Theatre : So as most of you know we have a theatre right next to the bank. Now this is actually sort of a player run job as Torynx has ownership of it and can make special announcements when starting a play. She can also add people to the stage so they can get onto it and build there. Unfortunately Toryn ix inactive so that defeats the purpose of it, but for the theatre job we could have-

1 Head Producer

Then ofc the head producer can hire more actors when they decide to do a play. And these plays would be decently good and time put into to create the best experience

News: The news company would do two things. They would have a little office where weekly The head news agent and his assistant would record a news tv show basically. This in fact used to happen with @nibble and hm_shi. Also what the News job would have . Is a few journalists to write a weekly news paper, that would be posted on the forums. The journalists would interview players and get news about what people are doing. Maybe news about a new company or about one of the other player run jobs. etc..
Jobs For News:
1 Assistant
1-3 journalists

Crime Lord: This is a big one. Crime has slowly been going for a while but if we had a crime lord (almost opposite of police) than it could liven up a bit. So I thought, maybe there could be a crime warp. (near blackmarket) and say for example if u want to get a gun you would have to go there instead of to the back of the blackmarket. I also think with this we should shrink the blackmarket and make a lot less rooms so a rented shop is actually something hard to get. Also if we made drugs a profitable income then more people would choose to make drugs. So maybe a shop at this crime warp where you can sell your drugs.
Jobs For Crime Lord:
Crime workers- People who sell drugs at the blackmarket and have perms to sell players a gun or ammo

Eco - This will be in charge of jobs kinda - So one example is he can create maybe a weekly or monthly custom fish (you can do this because i play on another server that does this) these fish could be worth a lot more and much rarer and can give u special perks like potion affects or so on. Also maybe instead of having just potatoes at the farm they can change it sometimes to wheat or other crops instead. Also they can come up with ideas to enhance jobs and make them more fun along with nibble. They can also be in charge of fixing the economy and providing taxes (not to large) to people with different money amounts (like irl)
Jobs:
1 Head Of Eco
2-3 Assistants

Librarian- So we have a library, we also have the library command which is broken. I thought the librarian would be able to make the library useful as rn there is no point in it. I thought they way you would do it is the librarian + assistants organise the library and then people come to them and request to publish a book at the library. If it ias accepted the librarian then makes a new command sign which when right clicked by a player gives you a book automatically. I reckon there should be a timer at how often you can borrow books and how many books you can borrow at once ( if we were able to get a book return thing working)
Jobs:
Librarian
1-3 Assistants

So these are just some ideas. Ofc i have already got suggestions for what the job would do but being in that position also requires you to come up with more ideas tro improve the job. Some of these are a bit far fetched and might never be used but who knows. Anyway these jobs would be useful because it means we dont require on staff 24/7 to get things running as now normal players can do things to enhance the server. Also players will feel more respected and trusted. I would think that you have to be citizen to get these jobs as well as some of them you need to be quite trusted with perms and such-

Thx ;)
I 100% agree

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
Player Run Jobs

1 Head Producer

Jobs For News:
1 Assistant
1-3 journalists

Jobs For Crime Lord:

Jobs:
1 Head Of Eco
2-3 Assistants

Jobs:
Librarian
1-3 Assistants

Thx ;)

Another Idea Is Transportation
So if we had a limit on the amount of tpa we can do in a set time limit. Then we could have a head of transportation - this person would work on new types of transport with @nibble. They would also run a taxi server and hire people who want to be a taxi driver - Preferably different time zones so all players can use them. Maybe the head could talk with nibble about a train plugin or something similar. Idk this is more for roleplay i guess. Also maybe they make a driving exam and then a driving course so players can get a license and be able to buy a vehicle. This could be found at the vehicle dealership

Jobs:
Head Of Transport
Multiple Hired Taxi Drivers.

Banker- This bank could have a bank balance with a custom plugin. (ofc this takes time to make) This is to make loans more safe sort of. If u need a loan you go to this place and request a loan then using the loaning plugin the banker can give you that loan. Now with this loan maybe starting a day later. Any money they earn slowly pays back to the bank balance until the full price is payed
Jobs
Head Banker
3 Assistants

Medical. This Player Would be In Charge Of The Doctors. There Could Be A Player Run Chemist Where You Buy The Medicine Maybe Next Door To The Hospital. Then The Head Doctor Could Have Doctors In Charge Of Refilling The Shops Or It Could Be Like The Warp Shop And You Buy From The Server. Also These People Could Have Offices Inside The Hospital. I Would Say If You Reach Sr Doctor Or Bio Than You Can Apply To Work Under The Head Doctor. A benefit From This Could Be Pay Slips As A Source Of Income

Jobs
Head Of Medication
Multiple Staff Who Work At Chemist
Supplier ?

Money Earning- To Make These Jobs More Roleplay And Realistic, Maybe You Could Earn Money From Working At Them. Not LOOADSS BUt Maybe Able To Be A Replacement From Mining For An Hour Or Something. Some Ideas Are

Theatre- Earns Money From People Paying A Small Fee To Get In ?
News - People Paying For Advertisements In The Daily News
Crime Lord- Earns Money From Selling Drugs To Citizens (If We Make Drugs Have Better Perks More People Will Buy Them)
Eco- Can Sell Equipment At A Job Shop And Earns Money From That (Eg. Special Farming Equipment etc..)
Librarian- People Pay A Small Fee To Get A Book Into The LIbrary Forever, or Can Rent A Spot For Shorter Period Of Time
Head Of Transport- People Buying Vehicles Or Paying To Do The Driving Exams And Courses
Doctor- Earns Money From People Buying At The Chemist

Ofc Not Only The Head Of The Job Will Get This Money But The Workers Who Work Under Him/Her

Last edited:

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
Player Run Jobs

1 Head Producer

Jobs For News:
1 Assistant
1-3 journalists

Jobs For Crime Lord:

Jobs:
1 Head Of Eco
2-3 Assistants

Jobs:
Librarian
1-3 Assistants

Thx ;)
We used to have tax's it kept the eco relatively consistent but was very laggy and at the end of the day taxing someones balance alone can be exploited by selling items to and from players to get into a lower tax bracket. buying/refunding property etc

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
This means staff being inactive wont stop everything as much and also players can have lots of their own ideas implemented into different parts of the server

Reactions: Minty

paradise227

fqirytaIe
fqirytaIe
Oct 8, 2017
Hong Kong
Player Run Jobs

1 Head Producer

Jobs For News:
1 Assistant
1-3 journalists

Jobs For Crime Lord:

Jobs:
1 Head Of Eco
2-3 Assistants

Jobs:
Librarian
1-3 Assistants

Thx ;)

AMAZING!!!!! I luv the theatre and the crime lord ones

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
You can do a lot of these already without a special rank.
News - write a book & quill, forums post, make a video, etc.
Librarian - purchase some books, make copies, and distribute
Theater - decorate a room, perhaps a basement, then put on a play
Taxi - start up a taxi service, there doesn't have to be a rank
Medical - all doctors can try to sell their cures, doesn't have to be a rank. Hire a team personally

It's not exactly up to the server to provide all these services, like an amusement park or a cool public beach. Players can do that sort of thing instead. Gangs exist, so start a gang if you want to be a crime lord. You don't really need any special permissions to run any of the stuff above, just go for it.

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
You can do a lot of these already without a special rank.
News - write a book & quill, forums post, make a video, etc.
Librarian - purchase some books, make copies, and distribute
Theater - decorate a room, perhaps a basement, then put on a play
Taxi - start up a taxi service, there doesn't have to be a rank
Medical - all doctors can try to sell their cures, doesn't have to be a rank. Hire a team personally

It's not exactly up to the server to provide all these services, like an amusement park or a cool public beach. Players can do that sort of thing instead. Gangs exist, so start a gang if you want to be a crime lord. You don't really need any special permissions to run any of the stuff above, just go for it.
Ik this sundae... but first of all this makes the game so much more fun!! and secondly it gives the jobs more purpose and if u read the comments so far basically everyone loves this idea and it may bring in more players

Reactions: Minty and ramdon

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
And all these will enable players to enhance the gameplay and add in things that from a players experience think they need. And why not put in a little effort to make the server so much better and give the players more responsibility

Last edited:

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
we need the owners and staff to acknowledge our existence. (sundae, you're pretty good at this) even arius mentioned it in his resigning post. WE NEED HELP AND RECOGNITION, DOING IT OURSELVES DOESN'T FEEL AS IMPORTANT OR REALISTIC.
well wisemanjp I hate to tell u but u aint getting a response from kiri :/ ./seen nibble or /seen meussa in game - idk what we need rn but its big changes