Things Recently Discussed on the Server, and Deserve to be seen here

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Lol

Also, Turkey and Casual, I see that we avoided an argument there, but in the future if we could just not get close to it that would be wonderful ;)
Arguments and disagreements are important. Jazz and I weren't arguing a way that slandered one another, as we were working towards an eventual resolution (no matter the outcome of said resolution). I don't understand why everyone thinks a disagreement is bad or should be avoided

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
Fair point, I'm just trying to make it so people can share their thoughts here, and if you have a little disagreement going on, then people may not want to interfere ;)

My apologies, I seemed to have misjudged the situation, as I act only as a humble moderator for this thread ^-^

Reactions: Turkey

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
"See, but when you offer suggestions, then you're shot down.

If I offer suggestions, people just get angry saying I'm hating on the server. I can't win

I can either say nothing, complain and be muted, or make a real suggestion and have people laugh and accuse me of hating on the server.

Staff work hard, don't get me wrong, but there's more to a server than staff."

Unfortunately, some of this is kinda true. This was said by cozmicraft in the Shout Box, and to talk about this further, I'm opening up a forum for people to talk about this openly, and if possible, with no consequences. In recent months, many big things have changed, and all in a really short amount of time. Leanne and Joey gone, people quitting left and right, and more arguments than I've ever seen on the server combined.

This being said, I will repeat something I said in the Shout Box as well.

STAFF CAN NOT DO EVERYTHING. As cosmic said, a server isn't just staff. A server includes staff, but it also features us, the community, and recently people like cosmic have been voicing their complaints and have only received warnings about it, which seems to be making others shy away from presenting their wishes to others.

So much has fallen apart over the years, and it's all starting to come back and kick us in the buttocks now. We need players AND staff to help fix the problems in the community, because staff cannot do everything. While I know that not all complaints are valid and are poorly made, most are important and should be taken into account.

Now, more than ever, we need the community of players to come up and help sundae and other staff, instead of complaining and making the problems worse.

Come help me help them ;) -Will

Thanks for reading! This is important.
Damn @wisemanjp, I can not express how grateful i am that you have brought this up... This is something ive been trying to stress for over a year now, and i agree with every word you said. It takes a hell of a lot of confidence to get up there on the spotlight like that and speak your mind. The Truth. Its all true, there is no way to win, its a constant war against ourselves. Everyone always says we need a less toxic environment, but very few are willing to step forward and speak their mind clearly, and openly, and i hope you know how proud i am of you for doing so, it takes a hero to do that... and you ARE a hero to me, to this sever, and to this world. I want to say... no matter who will hurt you, criticize you, and try to make you shut up about this, dont let them. You are strong, stronger than me, stronger than anyone else. And like ive said before, this change wont come easy, with it will come hate, discouragement, and over and over again you will be hurt. But this needs to happen. And whatever people will say, whatever they will do, do NOT let them get to you, we are all in this together, hurting the community only hurts ourselves. And i will do whatever is needed to support you Will, and to help fix this issue. I will do the wrong things for the right reasons, no doubt, because this is a home to me, and we are a family, and ive seen my home burn down once... and i will not loose another <3

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Damn @wisemanjp, I can not express how grateful i am that you have brought this up... This is something ive been trying to stress for over a year now, and i agree with every word you said. It takes a hell of a lot of confidence to get up there on the spotlight like that and speak your mind. The Truth. Its all true, there is no way to win, its a constant war against ourselves. Everyone always says we need a less toxic environment, but very few are willing to step forward and speak their mind clearly, and openly, and i hope you know how proud i am of you for doing so, it takes a hero to do that... and you ARE a hero to me, to this sever, and to this world. I want to say... no matter who will hurt you, criticize you, and try to make you shut up about this, dont let them. You are strong, stronger than me, stronger than anyone else. And like ive said before, this change wont come easy, with it will come hate, discouragement, and over and over again you will be hurt. But this needs to happen. And whatever people will say, whatever they will do, do NOT let them get to you, we are all in this together, hurting the community only hurts ourselves. And i will do whatever is needed to support you Will, and to help fix this issue. I will do the wrong things for the right reasons, no doubt, because this is a home to me, and we are a family, and ive seen my home burn down once... and i will not loose another <3
One quote that sums up all the hate that comes from random people comes from Einstein himself.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
Also, something I'd like to add is that we've gotten to 4 pages of what I think is pure truth and humanity, where we've shared our thoughts on how to improve this wonderful community that we absolutely adore. Thanks for helping me bring all this to the scene! I'm blessed to have companions like you guys, @ItzJazzMade, @Turkey, @Laurel, and especially @Cozmicraft who has helped me through so much. Thanks guys, and I hope we can get this thread to the point where we better the MCCities community on the server <3 You guys mean the world to me. -Will

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Also, something I'd like to add is that we've gotten to 4 pages of what I think is pure truth and humanity, where we've shared our thoughts on how to improve this wonderful community that we absolutely adore. Thanks for helping me bring all this to the scene! I'm blessed to have companions like you guys, @ItzJazzMade, @Turkey, @Laurel, and especially @Cozmicraft who has helped me through so much. Thanks guys, and I hope we can get this thread to the point where we better the MCCities community on the server <3 You guys mean the world to me. -Will
Thank you, @wisemanjp! You're a great person and please, by all means, keep on making the server a better place!