Things Recently Discussed on the Server, and Deserve to be seen here

Death

Mar 18, 2017
In the end the server is still basically run by its own people, because staff resigns eventually and new ones get picked. Anyways, I see your point about voicing your opinions, I don’t think it was necessarily turned down. The most common idea I hear from my opinion is to ‘region more islands’ *sigh*. I think that mostly people have a high demand for an island as its something rare and different. And the so called endgame thing, but really regioning more islands is a problem. Thing is if we regioned lets say like 10 more islands, I can assure you 1/3 of the amount of islands will be registered as dead islands or unused islands. It does’nt mean a high demand is there, people will use it. When I first bought my first island on the server, (paradise_island) I was so happy about buildin like 7 mansions. At first it was an innocent dream, I didnt care about it being an island or the title or anything like that, I just saw the land mass and was thinking how many mansions I could build on it. Now people want it to show off to friends or other purposes. I can still see feeding in to demands of players can sometimes lead to more harm in the end. The budget for not only creating an island with new terraforming and spending for the builds and arch and time can setyou back twice or more of the amount you spend on an island or somewhere near a lot of millions at the least. And thats what in the end causes dead islands, low budget people say they got money to buy one to create their dreams but in the end they really dont they only have enough to buy for the bragging rights and thats it, with the low funds its almost impossible to build their dreams sometimes.

Thats just a comment to a previous suggestion, but voicing out opinions is fine, I dont think staff really turns them down or not of I heard. When you make a statement or a point you defend it. In life there is no right or wrong answer, you merely just need to defend your point.

Reactions: Minty

wisemanjp

Verified
wisemanjp
wisemanjp
Jan 13, 2018
the ink inside a ballpoint pen
One of my teachers gave us an assignment and said, "As long as you can support your answer, it's correct," and I think that's kinda what you're saying, Death. Thanks for adding to the thread! :)

As for this post of my own, I'd like to tag sundae22 to get her opinions and thoughts on the thread and possibly share this with her fellow staff members. :)

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

mmitchh

Teacher
mmitchh
mmitchh
May 7, 2017
I agree 110%, everyone is leaving and everything is becoming worse, (including, in my opinion, the staff). This is a good idea so fewer arguments are made and people feel free to make their ideas public!

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Literally after criticizing all that you end with wanting to be staff smh
Cuz I want to make a change and I hat being unable to do so. Also I do not want to be the general of a wining army and take the victory. I am looking to actually put in some work. I would help players. Ofc. Monitor the community. With love and passion.
But also add events. Make sure the server is still interesting for the average player. Cities deserves the 150 players. We failed this summer mostly because of the lagg. Gladly coban is fixing that. But I still want the server to improve and if need be, by my own hands.

"Change the things you can't accept, accept the things you can't change"
Live by the rule :)

So I have been on McCities for around a year and a half now. I have seen multiple staff be hired, demoted, resign, etc. McCities is an economic city server, not a minigames server. I have said in the past that putting some server aspects in the hands of players will promote the private sector which I believe in a strong private sector is a good economy. However, last summer McCities got over 90 players with updates such as smartwatches, companies, a fun community etc. This summer we reached what like 40-60 players which is still a great achievement. You have to remember that McCities has mostly 1 person adding new plugins and giving the server its basic gameplay and that's @nibble. Coban ofc is the servers new developer and he is currently working on that. Since I have been a player multiple updates that have made McCities a better place has been added such as bank robbery, exams, the wild was reset, smartwatches, company plugin, stock plugin, mining became a job, the school has prospered etc. Although I have my suggestions and concerns too the majority of the server is prospering. Literally, 1 person, Kiri has been running the gameplay of the server and look how far we have come. I see 100% all of your points but again there is a suggestions area on here for you to make suggestions and Nibble reads them. He has even encouraged players to make suggestions read @Arius staff book. The staff team is constantly changing but are working in game to make sure the gameplay is going smoothly. We players have a responsibility ourselves to make suggestions, be in communication with staff, make sure we report players who are breaking rules, help the economy in any way we can, make private companies or businesses with new features for players to enjoy while staff is adding plugins, island owners can add public features to visit, etc. McCities has been around for around four years now and from my examination, it is nowhere near going under. The server is growing with new features, new players with great suggestions, a structured system McCities has one of the best city setups I have witnessed. The server can improve yes and I see that every day. New plugins take time I have heard there are lots of updates coming. Just today Coban added a new profile and rep system and he said more features will be coming. Nibble just recently added the stock plugin and 2 server admins just resigned causing a short chaos in the police system. The school currently has no principals so Kiri is dealing with that. Yes, in the past I have disagreed with staff, even Coban, and Kiri but I have never doubted that the server is going under and that statement is pretty premature.
There are only 3 public islands active. Private 2? Idk cuz there in arch world both so not really honestly.
If I give suggestions and you want to break them down cuz they are bad suggestions go ahead. This way I learn what is not wanted, what is possible/impossible etc.
But most of them (talking april/may) git replies by staff. But then never added. Just forgotten or ignored.

Also there is a limitation for regular players. If we feel like we wan to help we apply for staff. We are able to get a chance at changing and helping the seer this way. But a regular player (not the one with islands, or the architect) are pretty limited in helping.

Server is not dying. But also not majorly improving hm. Lagg just grown and people went down. So for many players to think the server was dying makes much sence.
Luckly cities still has its core community. Players like you, me. We always play. No matter what. This makes the base of 30 players a day. Depending on timezones ofc. But these players may keeo the servwr alivem but they also get bored. The recently added warps are really nice. But also they will get lost. Bored. Out of time.
And this is what some players fear comes soon.

One fact people missuse is that NOW people are leaving a lot. But this is pretty regular. Most of these people didnt even leave for good. They just leave to prepare for school.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
In the end the server is still basically run by its own people, because staff resigns eventually and new ones get picked. Anyways, I see your point about voicing your opinions, I don’t think it was necessarily turned down. The most common idea I hear from my opinion is to ‘region more islands’ *sigh*. I think that mostly people have a high demand for an island as its something rare and different. And the so called endgame thing, but really regioning more islands is a problem. Thing is if we regioned lets say like 10 more islands, I can assure you 1/3 of the amount of islands will be registered as dead islands or unused islands. It does’nt mean a high demand is there, people will use it. When I first bought my first island on the server, (paradise_island) I was so happy about buildin like 7 mansions. At first it was an innocent dream, I didnt care about it being an island or the title or anything like that, I just saw the land mass and was thinking how many mansions I could build on it. Now people want it to show off to friends or other purposes. I can still see feeding in to demands of players can sometimes lead to more harm in the end. The budget for not only creating an island with new terraforming and spending for the builds and arch and time can setyou back twice or more of the amount you spend on an island or somewhere near a lot of millions at the least. And thats what in the end causes dead islands, low budget people say they got money to buy one to create their dreams but in the end they really dont they only have enough to buy for the bragging rights and thats it, with the low funds its almost impossible to build their dreams sometimes.

Thats just a comment to a previous suggestion, but voicing out opinions is fine, I dont think staff really turns them down or not of I heard. When you make a statement or a point you defend it. In life there is no right or wrong answer, you merely just need to defend your point.
You give 2 issues.
1. Demand is high. And so is the price for an island. If the island owners is not an arch (wich its not most of the time. Lucky turkey..) you pay almost all your money on the island (if you are even able to get 1 in 100 years) and ca't even pay an arch as their prices are supe high and there also "busy"
Annoying this is ugh ...
so if islands are cheaper you have money to pay the archs (as bragging rights for a dead piece of land.. really... death who exactly does that?) And have a nice island.
Or make island owners able to build themself (denied) hire more architects (denied) to nerf the price of one? Well nvm that then... I guess the best way is to make that islands have to auctioned from 0-(highest bid) so the actual value of the island isn't overpaid.

But nr
2. Its impossible to get an island. I mean if one decides to sell his island it mostly happens in quit. Players are unable to prepare for one selling. Now actually there not so many players who atm can afford an island. But you are taking it too far every chance you get your like "people only want islands bla bla" but you own 3 islands and dont you manage 2 others ? So wait. Thats not correct right? Staff could easily region a new island and sell it to the highest bidder with the best idea. It was a great system back then. Demand is alltime high. Why? Because its the only thing you may want with 6m or 8m or 20m. Yachts never sell. Castles never sell. Mountainmansion almost never sell. The districts are forgotten.

Islands are our best bet. I am in my endgame. Wanting to give back to the server in a long lasting way (giving my stuff.. really? I am forgotten in 1 week)
Making a nice island for all to enjoy and live on. Seems nice to me. But as of now its just a game of waiting for my lotery ticket to be called on television. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe in a year or maybe never. But I cant do anything but wait and sometimes tell people I am waiting. For that price to fall for me. Just once..

Reactions: Optic and Minty

Death

Mar 18, 2017
You give 2 issues.
1. Demand is high. And so is the price for an island. If the island owners is not an arch (wich its not most of the time. Lucky turkey..) you pay almost all your money on the island (if you are even able to get 1 in 100 years) and ca't even pay an arch as their prices are supe high and there also "busy"
Annoying this is ugh ...
so if islands are cheaper you have money to pay the archs (as bragging rights for a dead piece of land.. really... death who exactly does that?) And have a nice island.
Or make island owners able to build themself (denied) hire more architects (denied) to nerf the price of one? Well nvm that then... I guess the best way is to make that islands have to auctioned from 0-(highest bid) so the actual value of the island isn't overpaid.

But nr
2. Its impossible to get an island. I mean if one decides to sell his island it mostly happens in quit. Players are unable to prepare for one selling. Now actually there not so many players who atm can afford an island. But you are taking it too far every chance you get your like "people only want islands bla bla" but you own 3 islands and dont you manage 2 others ? So wait. Thats not correct right? Staff could easily region a new island and sell it to the highest bidder with the best idea. It was a great system back then. Demand is alltime high. Why? Because its the only thing you may want with 6m or 8m or 20m. Yachts never sell. Castles never sell. Mountainmansion almost never sell. The districts are forgotten.

Islands are our best bet. I am in my endgame. Wanting to give back to the server in a long lasting way (giving my stuff.. really? I am forgotten in 1 week)
Making a nice island for all to enjoy and live on. Seems nice to me. But as of now its just a game of waiting for my lotery ticket to be called on television. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe in a year or maybe never. But I cant do anything but wait and sometimes tell people I am waiting. For that price to fall for me. Just once..
I mean you have a point but a lot of archs still decline to do the job, and im not talking about plain bragging rights, im saying a lot of islands are dead and people buy them and end up not using them. I honestly dont see the point of you pointing out like how many islands I own. If you actually think im just letting it sit there, you actually don’t see how much I spend to unregion the plots on my island.

I honestly earned the islands I got, islands are rare but, its fun to keep it like that sometimes you win sometimes you lose its just a game after all.

Reactions: Minty and Turkey

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
You give 2 issues.
Annoying this is ugh ...

But nr

many players think they can afford one, but in the state the econ is in, they cant. Any island on the market will be worth 10-15mil + easily, including kremesville.

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Ideas aren't turned down by staff, they're attacked and attacked and attacked by players. What annoys me is that those players don't have any ideas of their own. It's all complaining, no fixing.
It gets to a point where its almost frustrating. I have seen some ideas recirculate for months to even a year, and they barely get noticed. I understand that not everything can be added, but it would be nice if admins+ took time to give feedback/opinions on said suggestion (or at least some of the popular ones). Updates go kind of slowly on this server, but what confuses me is why most suggestions from the servers player base don't seem to be taken seriously.

Also, what do you mean by 'they're attacked and attacked and attacked by players' … 'its all complaining no fixing' ? You said it yourself 'no fixing', besides community related things, I'm not sure what players can do besides suggestions and complaining. I can tell you that many players leave because they complain about issues that don't appear to be resolved.

Im not saying that nothing is added, as there was the Halloween event, library and stocks over the past year-ish, but there are a ton of reasonable things players request that don't seem to make it in

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
It gets to a point where its almost frustrating. I have seen some ideas recirculate for months to even a year, and they barely get noticed. I understand that not everything can be added, but it would be nice if admins+ took time to give feedback/opinions on said suggestion (or at least some of the popular ones). Updates go kind of slowly on this server, but what confuses me is why most suggestions from the servers player base don't seem to be taken seriously.

Also, what do you mean by 'they're attacked and attacked and attacked by players' … 'its all complaining no fixing' ? You said it yourself 'no fixing', besides community related things, I'm not sure what players can do besides suggestions and complaining. I can tell you that many players leave because they complain about issues that don't appear to be resolved.

Im not saying that nothing is added, as there was the Halloween event, library and stocks over the past year-ish, but there are a ton of reasonable things players request that don't seem to make it in
Yep. I get that the devs are hard at work, but, generally, we don't get what we want and instead get an update that they think we need. It's almost condescending because it feels like they know what's best for us. Why even have a suggestions box if the devs will just add something else? Why make suggestions when they're almost always overlooked?

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Yep. I get that the devs are hard at work, but, generally, we don't get what we want and instead get an update that they think we need. It's almost condescending because it feels like they know what's best for us. Why even have a suggestions box if the devs will just add something else? Why make suggestions when they're almost always overlooked?
What I meant by "No fixing", was that players will often mob you in chat, saying how bad the idea is, or how untrue it is (When really it is true), but give no ideas of their own. When they see a problem, all they do is criticize other people's ways to fix it rather than come up with their own. There's no interest in solving the problem, only in venting anger by yelling at players in chat.

Death

Mar 18, 2017
So I have been on McCities for around a year and a half now. I have seen multiple staff be hired, demoted, resign, etc. McCities is an economic city server, not a minigames server. I have said in the past that putting some server aspects in the hands of players will promote the private sector which I believe in a strong private sector is a good economy. However, last summer McCities got over 90 players with updates such as smartwatches, companies, a fun community etc. This summer we reached what like 40-60 players which is still a great achievement. You have to remember that McCities has mostly 1 person adding new plugins and giving the server its basic gameplay and that's @nibble. Coban ofc is the servers new developer and he is currently working on that. Since I have been a player multiple updates that have made McCities a better place has been added such as bank robbery, exams, the wild was reset, smartwatches, company plugin, stock plugin, mining became a job, the school has prospered etc. Although I have my suggestions and concerns too the majority of the server is prospering. Literally, 1 person, Kiri has been running the gameplay of the server and look how far we have come. I see 100% all of your points but again there is a suggestions area on here for you to make suggestions and Nibble reads them. He has even encouraged players to make suggestions read @Arius staff book. The staff team is constantly changing but are working in game to make sure the gameplay is going smoothly. We players have a responsibility ourselves to make suggestions, be in communication with staff, make sure we report players who are breaking rules, help the economy in any way we can, make private companies or businesses with new features for players to enjoy while staff is adding plugins, island owners can add public features to visit, etc. McCities has been around for around four years now and from my examination, it is nowhere near going under. The server is growing with new features, new players with great suggestions, a structured system McCities has one of the best city setups I have witnessed. The server can improve yes and I see that every day. New plugins take time I have heard there are lots of updates coming. Just today Coban added a new profile and rep system and he said more features will be coming. Nibble just recently added the stock plugin and 2 server admins just resigned causing a short chaos in the police system. The school currently has no principals so Kiri is dealing with that. Yes, in the past I have disagreed with staff, even Coban, and Kiri but I have never doubted that the server is going under and that statement is pretty premature.
Trump you just got a legendary like jeezus

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I mean you have a point but a lot of archs still decline to do the job, and im not talking about plain bragging rights, im saying a lot of islands are dead and people buy them and end up not using them. I honestly dont see the point of you pointing out like how many islands I own. If you actually think im just letting it sit there, you actually don’t see how much I spend to unregion the plots on my island.

I honestly earned the islands I got, islands are rare but, its fun to keep it like that sometimes you win sometimes you lose its just a game after all.
I didn't say you didn't. But you call people out on their "greed" for islands but you own 3. So your greed wasn't over with 1.
This game has no forced ending. No forced end goal. And so I can only lose if I give up. One tip.. I don't give up easily.

many players think they can afford one, but in the state the econ is in, they cant. Any island on the market will be worth 10-15mil + easily, including kremesville.
These days islands aee group projects. Makes sence. Tho having to team up with 3 people to buy a 100x100 island for 16m is a bit over the top. (Random not excisting example) I know around 10-14 people who will probably bid for an island and then 3-4 people would have a chance of getting it. Not including island owners (well sundae outbids us all...)

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Umm i didnt buy them out of greed I didnt even know islands were like some end game item before I just bought it out of fun, idk how your saying having 3 islands is greedy if I find no purpose in selling it cost money is sorta pointless its not something you can play with a lot or enjoy. So i wasnt island greedy your just accusing me of it based on plain info, the only island I actually want right now is to get back my old island paradise which I lost its not greed I just want my old place back.

Its only natural people help each other to get something of that size, islands werent even the most valuable thing back then but i decided to get it with someone as it was only logical the thing is way to big to use for one person.
Woops, screwed up my comment

Last edited:

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Its only natural people help each other to get something of that size, islands werent even the most valuable thing back then but i decided to get it with someone as it was only logical the thing is way to big to use for one person.
I do. Exactly the same as you do to othe players. Saying they are to needy for an island. But you just don't understand. Everyone after summer 2017 has had a disadvantage over older players. Inflation of house prices. The money loopholes discovered by old players and soon nerfed. Even with slimefun because you all had acces to netherstars.
We don't. We fight for our stuff. Our money and we think we deserver a reward. We want something in return. We want to know our hard work wasn't for nothing. I never said you are greedy. I understand you want an island and maybe 2 as you want to do different stuff. But honestly it is hypocrite to call people out on being greedy and needy for islands. I mean if someone types isl.. you already have your speach about the greed for islands. They are like the coolest game computer. Everyone wants it. Sadly not everyone can have it.

I am pointing out that the "greed" isn't as dramatic as you state and calling me, and others out on it makes you a hypocrite.

Now proof me otherwise. I'm listening

Reactions: Optic and Minty