Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Update log - 10/23/18

• Stock taxes will be applied to each transaction (3%)
  • Stocks will be untradeable when the market is closed
  • You will need to hold onto a stock for minimum 12 hours prior to being able to sell them.
  • /laws now properly links to the appropriate thread
  • All the emote commands are now be displayed by /emotes (/slap, /fart, etc)
  • Teachers are now treated as a rank instead of a job, meaning you can still have the additional two jobs aside from the teacher job. To join the rank, existing teachers should simply leave the job, and they will automatically be placed in the teacher rank.
  • Students can no longer be enrolled twice
  • Students will be automatically warped to spawn when expelled.
Note that some of those changes will be effective post restart

T

Trump15024

Update log - 10/23/18

• You will need to hold onto a stock for minimum 12 hours prior to being able to sell them.
  • Teachers are now treated as a rank instead of a job, meaning you can still have the additional two jobs aside from the teacher job. To join the rank, existing teachers should simply leave the job, and they will automatically be placed in the teacher rank.
Thank you for the teacher job thing! Also, love the stock market updates to fix the loopholes. :poop:

Questar

Staff member
Verified
Poolisk
Poolisk
Aug 12, 2018
United States
Update log - 10/23/18

Thanks Kiri for Making Teachers a rank :)

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Update log - 10/23/18

YESSSS TEACHERS FINALLY GET RANKS ^-^ YAYYYYY YESSSSS IM SO HAPPY <3 yayy so happy to see teachers being a little more appreciated! hehe @wisemanjp party to celebrate!?

Reactions: laggynab and Atlair

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Kiri since the stock market times are based on est i believe, how can traders from other area trade if we aren’t on at that time. For example what if those hours are our sleeping ours, how can we possibly trade. How come we can’t sell a stock for 12 hours also, by that time a stocks value would easily pass by.
Does these trading hours include pre market and after hours trading?
I find this certainly quite complicated as what if you buy lets say 4:00am for est which may be other times for other places for say me it would be early night time for me. So if we bought at pre market and we need to wait 12 hours before selling were only gonna be able to sell when the active stock market closes which is at 4pm. How can day traders trade stocks as well. At this point the only point of stocks would be long term for most of the time. For example if lets say I come home at 4pm from school (lets say for people in EST) we can’t purchase any stocks when we get home? So the only time we can purchase would be 4am, what if there are strict schedules where parents don’t allow their kids to play before school, in some cases I know of people who go straight to school and don’t have time for minecraft, till they get home. And the possibility of only being at hone for 24 hours is on weekends which is when stock markets are close. I also see a major flaw with the 12 hour system as lets say for example
I buy 100 apple stocks and the next 12 hours i sell half. And lets say for some dumb reason I buy that 50 apple stocks i sold back, would that disable me from selling the 50 apple stocks that were never sold in the first place.
This also only allow people who are available for 9:30am-4:00pm of est to actually be able to trade at the stock market peak. And what if you can’t play in those hours of when stock market can be used. Would you need to go past you bedtime or wake up extra early just to play this game feature. I find that kind of unfair how it only allows a certain number of people to access it due to timezones. The rule is pretty good but at the very least make it atleast 30mins before you can sell the stock as 12 hours is far too long meaning if you buy a stock in pre market open when its early and it suddenly earns cash or loses cash at market open which is 9:30am-4pm and you want to dispose of it at the middle of market open can we not do that and we need to end up suffering a major loss overall?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
Just to add 6% tax is kinda high, I know some stocks don’t even make it past 5%. Just make it 3% when bought since your basically losing twice as much. For example you buy 100k $ worth of facebook stocks so the server takes 3% which is 3k. So lets say that 100k makes a good 5% increase so thats 105k so when you sell you lose an additional 3k meaning that you need to make over 6% worth of stocks. Also I think bank accounts should have a hidden setting, like if you wanna show it or not, as that gives player privacy. In real life you can’t check peoples bank accounts that like not allowed. Or maybe ask them to pay for your account to be hidden or something, just a suggestion!

RobotKenny

Verified
RobotKenny
RobotKenny
Jun 22, 2018
your imagination
I agree with everything Death just said. The new system makes it tricky for people in the Eastern Hemisphere to use the stock plugin, including myself. Where I am, trading hours are 12am-7am, leaving the majority of it in sleeping hours. The 6% tax is kinda high yeah, it would be better if it was low enough for people to earn a decent profit with a regular stock. With the 12 hour restiction, that means that you’ll have to miss an entire trading period, which could be crucial.

Reactions: laggynab

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
To be honest not many people make that much money of stocks. To be exact we only know 1 man who makes money of stocks, and ruining a fun plugin because 1 person makes money off it is kinda..... ridiculous?

Also for the Teacher rank. Does it show it tab? It doesn't right? Promise me it doesn't..... if it does how would PoliceTeacher and ArchTeacher handle with this? Does this mean teacher is a full time job now and we can take classes whenever we want?

Death

Mar 18, 2017
To be honest not many people make that much money of stocks. To be exact we only know 1 man who makes money of stocks, and ruining a fun plugin because 1 person makes money off it is kinda..... ridiculous?

Also for the Teacher rank. Does it show it tab? It doesn't right? Promise me it doesn't..... if it does how would PoliceTeacher and ArchTeacher handle with this? Does this mean teacher is a full time job now and we can take classes whenever we want?
Im more concerned on how Arius and Creeper is
SrMod Principal Arch
Helper Vice Principal Sr Police xd, tag lines

Status
Not open for further replies.