Update log - 10/23/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trump15024

Oh and throwing a fit because you don’t get enough recognition for working 1 hour is not dramatic? (Not attacking you, pointing out what I’ve witnessed teachers doing)
Teachers don't provide a constant service but they do work behind the scenes like planning lessons. To be honest I don't really care if teachers have a tag or not.

Reactions: laggynab and Minty
T

Trump15024

Kiri since the stock market times are based on est i believe, how can traders from other area trade if we aren’t on at that time. For example what if those hours are our sleeping ours, how can we possibly trade. How come we can’t sell a stock for 12 hours also, by that time a stocks value would easily pass by.
Does these trading hours include pre market and after hours trading?
I find this certainly quite complicated as what if you buy lets say 4:00am for est which may be other times for other places for say me it would be early night time for me. So if we bought at pre market and we need to wait 12 hours before selling were only gonna be able to sell when the active stock market closes which is at 4pm. How can day traders trade stocks as well. At this point the only point of stocks would be long term for most of the time. For example if lets say I come home at 4pm from school (lets say for people in EST) we can’t purchase any stocks when we get home? So the only time we can purchase would be 4am, what if there are strict schedules where parents don’t allow their kids to play before school, in some cases I know of people who go straight to school and don’t have time for minecraft, till they get home. And the possibility of only being at hone for 24 hours is on weekends which is when stock markets are close. I also see a major flaw with the 12 hour system as lets say for example
I buy 100 apple stocks and the next 12 hours i sell half. And lets say for some dumb reason I buy that 50 apple stocks i sold back, would that disable me from selling the 50 apple stocks that were never sold in the first place.
This also only allow people who are available for 9:30am-4:00pm of est to actually be able to trade at the stock market peak. And what if you can’t play in those hours of when stock market can be used. Would you need to go past you bedtime or wake up extra early just to play this game feature. I find that kind of unfair how it only allows a certain number of people to access it due to timezones. The rule is pretty good but at the very least make it atleast 30mins before you can sell the stock as 12 hours is far too long meaning if you buy a stock in pre market open when its early and it suddenly earns cash or loses cash at market open which is 9:30am-4pm and you want to dispose of it at the middle of market open can we not do that and we need to end up suffering a major loss overall?
I actually agree with Death @nibble some people can’t get online due to time zones and if it’s a 12 hour period the stock could lose its value. Is it possible we could just keep the tax on it and get rid of the other 2?

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
The teacher job was changed to a rank instead of job because it technically has no monetary benefits, so it would be unfair to take up one of the two job slots. It's not for any other reason, so I don't see the reason for complaint.

Also, there will be another stock system changes based on the feedback received once I get around to finishing and announcing the Halloween stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.