Republic OF RUNNERBORO OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD [December 17']

T

Trump15024

Lol trump that’s bc of the way u we’re saying that. And to sundae, I admit she and I weren’t on the best terms but for what u have said about staff we don’t need to go any further! Take a look at bunny, though. want runnerboro to look as nice? Vote @sundae22 for runnerboro, and Death!
Sundae22 has always denied wanting to work with Runnerboro that's all I will comment because I will be going further

Reactions: laggynab

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
In response to all of trump's messages:
Yes, I did decline to have runnerboro help me region plots/set prices on bunny. I didn't want to region many houses on bunny until I was ready. It's my pride and joy and I don't want to rush things. However, I'd be honored to help runnerboro out. I want it to look better, have wider roads, enforce city standards, and increase the quality of the island overall. As seen in this conversation, I respectfully asked trump to clarify what he meant. After I completely understood, I came to the conclusion that I didn't need help deciding when to region plots on my own island.

Sundae22 has always denied wanting to work with Runnerboro that's all I will comment because I will be going further
I never personally declined to work with runnerboro - I only shot down the idea when it involved my island. If trump had asked me if I personally wanted to endorse the island and his ideas, I would've thought about it a lot more. I only dismissed his ideas because it involved my island, which does not have a government or a set schedule like runnerboro does.

T

Trump15024

In response to all of trump's messages:
Yes, I did decline to have runnerboro help me region plots/set prices on bunny. I didn't want to region many houses on bunny until I was ready. It's my pride and joy and I don't want to rush things. However, I'd be honored to help runnerboro out. I want it to look better, have wider roads, enforce city standards, and increase the quality of the island overall. As seen in this conversation, I respectfully asked trump to clarify what he meant. After I completely understood, I came to the conclusion that I didn't need help deciding when to region plots on my own island.

I never personally declined to work with runnerboro - I only shot down the idea when it involved my island. If trump had asked me if I personally wanted to endorse the island and his ideas, I would've thought about it a lot more. I only dismissed his ideas because it involved my island, which does not have a government or a set schedule like runnerboro does.
No. I never requsted that i control plot prices on Bunny I said Runnerboro and Bunny can set an example for other island and cities. I offered you a building on Runnerboro for Bunny such as a Bunny vistor center.

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
You've never offered me a bunny visitor center..? And from what I gathered, you wanted to work with bunny island (not just me) to set good plot prices and stuff, which I decided wasn't necessary.

Reactions: Powerfull
T

Trump15024

You've never offered me a bunny visitor center..? And from what I gathered, you wanted to work with bunny island (not just me) to set good plot prices and stuff, which I decided wasn't necessary.
Here are my exact words "If we do move forward with relations I as the president would like to welcome a Bunny Island government building on Runnerboro" screenshots in posts above this. But we can go back and forth all night about the past but lets just campaign and see what happens :D

Neilio_Xtreme

Neilio_Xtreme
Neilio_Xtreme
Oct 10, 2017
Due to the lack of legitimate choice, I have decided to step up for the people and run for North Senator.

Political Party: Independent. I believe each issue deserves its own perspective in an approach towards a solution.
Time on the server at time of application: Total 9 Days and 20 hrs. of play time
Reason for choosing Representative? Besides supporting the Runnerboro Constitution and the principles it was founded on, I want to focus on the people, both those who live on the island and establishing a more evident diplomacy with those who don't. I have a number of initiatives that will improve the lives (and economy) of those who live there, as well as simultaneously infusing the island with fresh residents and the new ideas that will come with them.
What do you plan to do for this community?
Unlike officials that just sit in their office and get elected just for the title, I will listen to the people. Anyone is welcome to /mail send Neilio_Xtreme or message me on forums about their issues. Nobody will be ignored.
My main focus will be setting up a code committee that more actively checks properties that have been empty or have buildings on them that look griefed (i.e. Don't fit the themes of surrounding buildings) for way too long. I have personally been through the 'boro many times and have seen way too many of these plots. Enforcing the rules about builds will help bring in new residents or force bad property owners to get their stuff together. Cleaning up the island will help increase property values for those that do own plots, making this a worthwhile endeavor for everyone.
What makes you better than other candidates?
I can't claim to have more play time, or have joined the server/forums years back. But that doesn't mean I won't put in 110% effort towards the community. That is my main focus, because if we are being honest, the island (and the server) can only live as good as its players do. Happy, successful players mean a happy, successful island or server.
What are your stances?
-A stronger enforcement of property code (within the rules, of course) that will stimulate property fluidity and improve the overall health of the island's real estate situation.
-Increased relations with other islands. This may include a mode of transport to get there or possibly a /warp, depending on the wishes of the people.
-The possibility of districts should be discussed. This would allow residents to get more involved in the government that they are supposed to be represented by.

Vote Neilio_Xtreme for North Senator!

T

Trump15024

Due to the lack of legitimate choice, I have decided to step up for the people and run for North Senator.

Political Party: Independent. I believe each issue deserves its own perspective in an approach towards a solution.
Time on the server at time of application: Total 9 Days and 20 hrs. of play time
Reason for choosing Representative? Besides supporting the Runnerboro Constitution and the principles it was founded on, I want to focus on the people, both those who live on the island and establishing a more evident diplomacy with those who don't. I have a number of initiatives that will improve the lives (and economy) of those who live there, as well as simultaneously infusing the island with fresh residents and the new ideas that will come with them.
What do you plan to do for this community?
Unlike officials that just sit in their office and get elected just for the title, I will listen to the people. Anyone is welcome to /mail send Neilio_Xtreme or message me on forums about their issues. Nobody will be ignored.
My main focus will be setting up a code committee that more actively checks properties that have been empty or have buildings on them that look griefed (i.e. Don't fit the themes of surrounding buildings) for way too long. I have personally been through the 'boro many times and have seen way too many of these plots. Enforcing the rules about builds will help bring in new residents or force bad property owners to get their stuff together. Cleaning up the island will help increase property values for those that do own plots, making this a worthwhile endeavor for everyone.
What makes you better than other candidates?
I can't claim to have more play time, or have joined the server/forums years back. But that doesn't mean I won't put in 110% effort towards the community. That is my main focus, because if we are being honest, the island (and the server) can only live as good as its players do. Happy, successful players mean a happy, successful island or server.
What are your stances?
-A stronger enforcement of property code (within the rules, of course) that will stimulate property fluidity and improve the overall health of the island's real estate situation.
-Increased relations with other islands. This may include a mode of transport to get there or possibly a /warp, depending on the wishes of the people.
-The possibility of districts should be discussed. This would allow residents to get more involved in the government that they are supposed to be represented by.

Vote Neilio_Xtreme for North Senator!
Sorry the time to apply is over but I guess you can run as a write in

sundae22

Former Staff
Architect
Verified
sundae22
sundae22
Jan 3, 2017
New England
bunnyislandmc.weebly.com
For already-existing builds, I'd go around the entire island and compile a list of houses that don't meet plot standards. I'd /mail each of the owners and ask them to fix it within 10 days (if they're active during this time). If no action has been taken, I'll issue a stricter warning and give them 7 more days, then will report to staff for an official warning.

For houses that are being transferred: It's pretty inconvenient for the homeowner to have to find a time when they and at least one Runnerboro official is online so the official can approve the house. However, I'm online pretty often and would gladly take a look at the house being transferred within 1-2 days of the request being made. If I don't get a chance to look at a house within that time, I'd just let Izzie or nibble decide if it was worthy enough for the island. That way, I wouldn't be delaying the transfer process.

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
For already-existing builds, I'd go around the entire island and compile a list of houses that don't meet plot standards. I'd /mail each of the owners and ask them to fix it within 10 days (if they're active during this time). If no action has been taken, I'll issue a stricter warning and give them 7 more days, then will report to staff for an official warning.

For houses that are being transferred: It's pretty inconvenient for the homeowner to have to find a time when they and at least one Runnerboro official is online so the official can approve the house. However, I'm online pretty often and would gladly take a look at the house being transferred within 1-2 days of the request being made. If I don't get a chance to look at a house within that time, I'd just let Izzie or nibble decide if it was worthy enough for the island. That way, I wouldn't be delaying the transfer process.
That sounds great! I think it will make a large difference having a tmod in the government because you can make things happen lol, tysm for the response!