Farewell + My Time On The Server [Please Read]

Eun-duru

Former Staff
Apr 9, 2017
NorthEast USA
So, here we are!
The time has come where I depart from the server.

I have many reasons, which I probably went through in my last inactivity post. I am no longer an important player in the server, I have college and my future to focus on (I'm going into my sophomore year, I have no time to lose) and many small reasons which are nowhere near as important.

When I say I am no longer an important figure, I am not saying that one must be important to play on the server. I am stating that whenever I log on, I no longer get the welcomes and the goodbyes I used to get, and I feel like most people are against me. It's a new age for McCities, where members come in quickly and the numbers of players online is high. Nobody except for the veteran players remember me, and I feel like most of my impact is on the forums anyway.
My second reason is the absolute truth. I do NOT care if YOU care or not. I do NOT care if you get mad at me. I do NOT care if you don't believe me. And finally, I do NOT care if you report this to higher authorities. I'm leaving anyways! Why would I care?
Anyways, this is the reason. I am leaving because I feel that the staff absolutely hate me now, especially our glorious owner Coban. If you read my last post, on why I stepped down from the staff team, you'll see that his comment was not "I wish you all the best" in a kind manner. He instead fought back, stating his point. I am 15. I am smart. I understand what it means to get evaluated. For other staff that stepped down, Izzie for example, he was very sweet about it. When I left the staff Skype chat, NOBODY said goodbye to me. They said goodbye to others, why not me, hmm? Is it because Izzie wrote her goodbye post WITHOUT stating how she was treated? Because she did not, and in return she got great feedback from the staff.

If you have not read Izzie's post on her experience as staff, I encourage you to read it now. This is the link: http://www.mccities.com/threads/my-experience-as-staff.3720/
It is actually quite astonishing to me that MORE THAN ONE staff has experienced the same thing. You know what that means, everyone! That means that I am NOT being dramatic, I am NOT lying, and I am NOT crazy. These are real events that happened to TWO people, and it is a result of us dedicating our time to help the server.

Now, I am not saying you shouldn't be staff. Staff, as I said PLENTY of times before, is a FANTASTIC role. However, if you decide to be a staff, you should understand the consequences. It is difficult. If you want to help the server just a bit by being staff, that won't cut it. It's all or nothing when it comes to being active. Either you quit, or you are active every moment you can be. It's a role that is rewarding, but if you don't have the time to spare, you will hate the job. And the saddest part? Not everyone of our age has the time to dedicate to a virtual server! So if you really want to be staff, PLEASE keep in mind that it is a tough job. It is not everything it is cracked up to be. Even experienced and fantastic staff like Heather has had difficult moments on this server.

Tell me I'm irresponsible and tell me I was a terrible staff. But every time I was active, which I felt was very often, I was a FANTASTIC staff. I tended to EVERYONE. I tended to five people at once over DM's once. I welcomed everyone at the speed of light, I helped people report issues to higher staff, and I answered every question without hesitation. Many people can agree that I was a great helper. But apparently I was not.

When people think about me, I guess they see a happy teen with a happy life. Many people have told me that I'm an inspiration to them, that I changed how they thought, and that they looked up to me as a role model. Many people are a fan of my EunTalks, and read them the instant they come out. For a while, I was the server's storyteller, I was an idol. Now you're going to lose me because of something I did not choose. Or maybe it's my fault. As Coban commented on my last post, I "failed to see the main point behind all of it". Maybe I did fail to see the main point behind all of it. Maybe I failed to realize that being a fantastic staff is not to be helpful all the time. Maybe I wasn't helpful all the time. You tell me.

Please read my last post, where I explained more of what I experienced. http://www.mccities.com/threads/stepping-down-from-staff-less-active.3697/

So, here I am saying goodbye.
I hope everyone has an amazing time on this server. It is an incredible server, the best city role-play server out there. I might still write EunTalks if I feel like it, but it won't be as often. You will probably be able to find me on the Hive playing Trouble in Mineville. I'm a real fan of that game XD.
And once again, I do NOT care if you get upset at me. I care even less if a staff gets upset at me. I am stubborn and I believe in myself. I stand by my supporters and friends on the server, and I trust their words. I trust that I am a role model and a great helper and an inspiration.

Love you lots,
Eun

T

Trump15024

First good luck with anything second I think that being a staff member can be stressful if you make it stressful. Staff members should enjoy that they have the chance to serve the server by doing good and helping others. The problem here is that you thought of this as stressful and did not look at the fun parts and experience you would get from this position

Reactions: laggynab

Izzie

Former Staff
Nov 7, 2016
Goodbye Eun, its been lovely getting to know and relate with you. I feel a reason that staff responded differently to our leaving posts are that I didnt put anything about staff treatment originally, mostly because me and Eve were too scared. We love you and I believe in you! Im so sorry nobody said bye to you, you can always message me if you wanna chat about any of that stuff <3 Best of luck with college and the upcoming school year! -Izzie! <3

D

Deleted member 832

Goodbye Eun. It’s been great knowing you. I wish you the best in life and I hope college goes well for you. It’s a challenge I’ll be facing soon and eventually everyone has to move on in life. I guess this is it. Just remember, Keep On Swimming and you will get to any goal you want to achieve. You’ve been a great friend

Best wishes,
Barny

Reactions: Powerfull

Toryn

faireze
faireze
Oct 26, 2016
Alot of my friends are leaving and so do I now :( if more people leave ill have to think of retiring as a server grandma since I'm still one of the older players but good luck :( ilvm!

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
So, here we are!
The time has come where I depart from the server.

I have many reasons, which I probably went through in my last inactivity post. I am no longer an important player in the server, I have college and my future to focus on (I'm going into my sophomore year, I have no time to lose) and many small reasons which are nowhere near as important.

When I say I am no longer an important figure, I am not saying that one must be important to play on the server. I am stating that whenever I log on, I no longer get the welcomes and the goodbyes I used to get, and I feel like most people are against me. It's a new age for McCities, where members come in quickly and the numbers of players online is high. Nobody except for the veteran players remember me, and I feel like most of my impact is on the forums anyway.
My second reason is the absolute truth. I do NOT care if YOU care or not. I do NOT care if you get mad at me. I do NOT care if you don't believe me. And finally, I do NOT care if you report this to higher authorities. I'm leaving anyways! Why would I care?
Anyways, this is the reason. I am leaving because I feel that the staff absolutely hate me now, especially our glorious owner Coban. If you read my last post, on why I stepped down from the staff team, you'll see that his comment was not "I wish you all the best" in a kind manner. He instead fought back, stating his point. I am 15. I am smart. I understand what it means to get evaluated. For other staff that stepped down, Izzie for example, he was very sweet about it. When I left the staff Skype chat, NOBODY said goodbye to me. They said goodbye to others, why not me, hmm? Is it because Izzie wrote her goodbye post WITHOUT stating how she was treated? Because she did not, and in return she got great feedback from the staff.

If you have not read Izzie's post on her experience as staff, I encourage you to read it now. This is the link: http://www.mccities.com/threads/my-experience-as-staff.3720/
It is actually quite astonishing to me that MORE THAN ONE staff has experienced the same thing. You know what that means, everyone! That means that I am NOT being dramatic, I am NOT lying, and I am NOT crazy. These are real events that happened to TWO people, and it is a result of us dedicating our time to help the server.

Now, I am not saying you shouldn't be staff. Staff, as I said PLENTY of times before, is a FANTASTIC role. However, if you decide to be a staff, you should understand the consequences. It is difficult. If you want to help the server just a bit by being staff, that won't cut it. It's all or nothing when it comes to being active. Either you quit, or you are active every moment you can be. It's a role that is rewarding, but if you don't have the time to spare, you will hate the job. And the saddest part? Not everyone of our age has the time to dedicate to a virtual server! So if you really want to be staff, PLEASE keep in mind that it is a tough job. It is not everything it is cracked up to be. Even experienced and fantastic staff like Heather has had difficult moments on this server.

Tell me I'm irresponsible and tell me I was a terrible staff. But every time I was active, which I felt was very often, I was a FANTASTIC staff. I tended to EVERYONE. I tended to five people at once over DM's once. I welcomed everyone at the speed of light, I helped people report issues to higher staff, and I answered every question without hesitation. Many people can agree that I was a great helper. But apparently I was not.

When people think about me, I guess they see a happy teen with a happy life. Many people have told me that I'm an inspiration to them, that I changed how they thought, and that they looked up to me as a role model. Many people are a fan of my EunTalks, and read them the instant they come out. For a while, I was the server's storyteller, I was an idol. Now you're going to lose me because of something I did not choose. Or maybe it's my fault. As Coban commented on my last post, I "failed to see the main point behind all of it". Maybe I did fail to see the main point behind all of it. Maybe I failed to realize that being a fantastic staff is not to be helpful all the time. Maybe I wasn't helpful all the time. You tell me.

Please read my last post, where I explained more of what I experienced. http://www.mccities.com/threads/stepping-down-from-staff-less-active.3697/

So, here I am saying goodbye.
I hope everyone has an amazing time on this server. It is an incredible server, the best city role-play server out there. I might still write EunTalks if I feel like it, but it won't be as often. You will probably be able to find me on the Hive playing Trouble in Mineville. I'm a real fan of that game XD.
And once again, I do NOT care if you get upset at me. I care even less if a staff gets upset at me. I am stubborn and I believe in myself. I stand by my supporters and friends on the server, and I trust their words. I trust that I am a role model and a great helper and an inspiration.

Love you lots,
Eun
Good bye eun.. Was nice knowing you ;)
Also you said a "virtual server" servers are virtual already.....

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
It is just a minecraft server you don't need to make it like you are leaving the army.
The only reason I play Minecraft is to meet other and have fun through a large community. When you have worked for something , and had wonderful memories created on it , it is extremely hard and sad to leave it.

Reactions: Izzie

nibble

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mouse
Mouse
Expatriate
Jan 18, 2016
Being staff is indeed a difficult task, in a way it's a competition. It's not necessarily fun either. Whoever performs better, works longer, and keeps a better relationship with higher ranked staff member will get the promotion quickest. As much as that goes, it's understandable that you felt that way and in some ways, it is our fault.

I didn't say bye last time because I thought we could still talk time to time since you said you weren't entirely quitting, but it seems like you are now. I wish you luck with everything, and if you decide to come back in the future, you are welcome back :).

Toryn

faireze
faireze
Oct 26, 2016
The only reason I play Minecraft is to meet other and have fun through a large community. When you have worked for something , and had wonderful memories created on it , it is extremely hard and sad to leave it.
Yeah! Ive Thought Of Leaving multiple times in the past since of things but its like I made a family and I don't want to leave it since we made all these memories, but sadly next year ill be very busy and I may have to

H

Heather

When I left the staff Skype chat, NOBODY said goodbye to me.
I would like to clear this up briefly. When you left the staff chat Coban and Fvhn said good bye to you, so there was someone (Yes I scrolled through several months to check :p ). I would have said good bye but by the time I was done work you had already left the chat and I chose to instead write a message on your forum post instead of a private Skype message. Perhaps people were just busy that day and didn't have a chance to respond before you left the chat?

Everyone has their own reasons for applying for staff, but at this point I think you preferred the role more for the attention than the drive to help people. (Due to the fact that you have mentioned several times that no one welcomes you anymore and other comments in your posts) There's nothing wrong with enjoying being welcomed or people talking to you because of your role, but it's also important to remember that being staff is choosing to volunteer your time to the server for the players.

We never had unreachable goals and we try to be forthcoming about things with fellow staff members. That's what the evaluations are for, to let us know how we do so we can improve. To anyone thinking of applying for staff, the expectations helpers are held to are a reasonable playtime, following all server rules in game on the forums and in any of the server chats, and helping players a reasonable amount when online. We understand that it's important to have fun, and we mess around as a team quite a lot to have fun and make the job less dull. We cannot be mindless drones, we are all humans who like to have fun and be together as friends as well as coworkers, even if some of us are very serious about helping on the server.

Where things go down hill is when people receive feedback and decide that it is wrong, that they are actually better than what they are putting forth to the world. When this happens, people stop pushing themselves to do better and get stuck in a rut of self affirmation and disbelief when anyone tries to correct or help. I've seen this happen a lot in my years working at real jobs and over the course of my year as staff on the server. And because of this the most important bit of advice I can leave you as you approach your college time in the next 2 years is to always view criticism as constructive criticism. On the staff team, whenever we correct each other or offer advice it's not in a mean way, it's only to help each other grow as a team and as a staff member! It's important to not see advice or corrections as personal attacks, only as a backboard for you to spring to your greatest potential. I'm sure as you grow and learn you will take this advice to heart and spring further in your goals of being amazing.

In conclusion, I'm sorry that you did not fit well on the team and felt in any way at a disadvantage. We all work together for the good of the server as well as to enjoy our time together. We may have high expectations to some, but to others we do not do enough; it's all a matter of perspective. I know personally that I feel I do not do enough, I am not good enough, I cannot be perfect and because of this I hate myself sometimes, I hate that I will never feel good enough for some people. But that's okay, because I try to keep myself focused on doing what is best for the people I love, for the server I love, to improve myself to be best for them even if I fall short.

I thoroughly enjoyed the intellectual discussions brought about by your talks, as well as your excellent writing style involved in them. Remember to enjoy your time as a kid because two years is a long time. Enjoy high school for the next two years before college, cause you only get to be in high school once. Try not to focus so hard on the future that you forget to live in the here and now. You're a bright young girl and i'm sure you'll go far. Best of luck to you in the future and remember that we will always remain a part of your family and none of us hate you, we're always here if you need someone! 前程似锦。

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
Hello. Because Izzie and Eun have brought up their feelings, I will too.

As many of you know in the last 5 months, the staff team has lost 4 members for the same thing. Peppah, Eun, Izzie and I. Yes, Peppah too. She told me that she was "yelled at a lot and even verbally abused." That being said, it might seem like an overstatement, but in reality it's not. A lot of players don't see the words that are used outside of the server, mainly on Skype. Some staff members, such as Heather and Ciel, treated us like rubbish. They never took into fact our feelings nor our emotional state. They said that 'it was constructive cristicism', so making people cry and verbally abusing them for doing something wrong, is helping us learn? Okay then. There is a certain point where "constructive critism" goes into verbal abuse, and I believe that Heather and Ciel have crossed that. I also think that if Heather, Ciel and even Kate were to treat us better, the staff team would still have us 4. I'm sorry if any of you are offended or shocked, but you know it's true. Maybe not, because you see yourself as a person doing the right thing, but it comes down to human decency and treating people right. Heather, one time I said that you had scared off Kiri, I was soon aware that this hurt you, and said sorry. Not once in my 5 months of being a staff member did you EVER apologize for the way you treated me. This is blunt, but it's true. If I am being completely honest, the only people who actually treated ME right as an actual person, were Izzie, Kiri, Fvhn and Coban. Now, I am expecting to receive a lot of backlash from this post, but it's the truth. Not one player has witnessed the treatment new staff members receive, and I guarantee that it will stay that way.

For Heather, Ciel and Kate.

I advise you 3 to take into mind how other people may receive your 'tips.' Now that you have seen what us 3 have gone through (Peppah hasn't come forward with her feelings) learn a few things, do NOT ever make ANYBODY feel bad for learning. We make mistakes. We are kids. Get over the fact that we all make mistakes and not everybody is perfect. Yes, GUIDE us, not discipline us for making a mistake.

After I left, Coban had said, I was always welcomed to apply again, but if the staff team stays the way it is, I don't think I will. Players, now that you see what we have gone through, I advise you to take into light our stories, before you apply.

- Keona

Last edited:

Toryn

faireze
faireze
Oct 26, 2016

As many of you know in the last 5 months, the staff team has lost 4 members for the same thing. Peppah, Eun, Izzie and I. Yes, Peppah too. She told me that she was "yelled at a lot and even verbally abused." That being said, it might seem like an overstatement, but in reality it's not. A lot of players don't see the words that are used outside of the server, mainly on Skype. Some staff members, such as Heather and Ciel, treated us like rubbish. They never took into fact our feelings nor our emotional state. They said that 'it was constructive cristicism', so making people cry and verbally abusing them for doing something wrong, is helping us learn? Okay then. There is a certain point where "constructive critism" goes into verbal abuse, and I believe that Heather and Ciel have crossed that. I also think that if Heather, Ciel and even Kate were to treat us better, the staff team would still have us 4. I'm sorry if any of you are offended or shocked, but you know it's true. Maybe not, because you see yourself as a person doing the right thing, but it comes down to human decency and treating people right. Heather, one time I said that you had scared off Kiri, I was soon aware that this hurt you, and said sorry. Not once in my 5 months of being a staff member did you EVER apologize for the way you treated me. This is blunt, but it's true. If I am being completely honest, the only people who actually treated ME right as an actual person, were Izzie, Kiri and Coban. Now, I am expecting to receive a lot of backlash from this post, but it's the truth. Not one player has witnessed the treatment new staff members receive, and I guarantee that it will stay that way.

I advise you 3 to take into mind how other people may receive your 'tips.' Now that you have seen what us 3 have gone through (Peppah hasn't come forward with her feelings) learn a few things, do NOT ever make ANYBODY feel bad for learning. We make mistakes. We are kids. Get over the fact that we all make mistakes and not everybody is perfect. Yes, GUIDE us, not discipline us for making a mistake.

After I left, Coban had said, I was always welcomed to apply again, but if the staff team stays the way it is, I don't think I will. Players, now that you see what we have gone through, I advise you to take into light our stories, before you apply.

- Keona
I did apply and now looking back at how it made my friends feel is disappointing and I'm now very disappointed w/ the staff team, I thought they joked around and wasn't to harsh on others now I look at how these posts and hear these things, I should take a break and not apply for staff and if it hurt my friends I care a lot about, I should quit for real, If it Hurts the ones I care about, And Most of us are just kids so this is a lot for us to take in and even if we joke around or do something bad you shouldn't be harsh, and you don't know how it affects us. Thank you for posting too Willow! I hope I can see u soon

Reactions: lucyluhoo

cat

Verified
plscat
plscat
Citizen
Jan 28, 2016
a dark room somewhere
~•Hey Eun, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, that's on me so let me say it now, I thank you for being a staff member and working for this wonderful server. I remember when I first met you, I was talking to you about a property you owned and such, and once you got accepted in staff, I believed you had potential and was glad to see you on with your bright personality. Thanks for what you've done to impact the server and change it for the better, and good luck in the rest of your life!!

As many of you know in the last 5 months, the staff team has lost 4 members for the same thing. Peppah, Eun, Izzie and I. Yes, Peppah too. She told me that she was "yelled at a lot and even verbally abused." That being said, it might seem like an overstatement, but in reality it's not. A lot of players don't see the words that are used outside of the server, mainly on Skype. Some staff members, such as Heather and Ciel, treated us like rubbish. They never took into fact our feelings nor our emotional state. They said that 'it was constructive cristicism', so making people cry and verbally abusing them for doing something wrong, is helping us learn? Okay then. There is a certain point where "constructive critism" goes into verbal abuse, and I believe that Heather and Ciel have crossed that. I also think that if Heather, Ciel and even Kate were to treat us better, the staff team would still have us 4. I'm sorry if any of you are offended or shocked, but you know it's true. Maybe not, because you see yourself as a person doing the right thing, but it comes down to human decency and treating people right. Heather, one time I said that you had scared off Kiri, I was soon aware that this hurt you, and said sorry. Not once in my 5 months of being a staff member did you EVER apologize for the way you treated me. This is blunt, but it's true. If I am being completely honest, the only people who actually treated ME right as an actual person, were Izzie, Kiri and Coban. Now, I am expecting to receive a lot of backlash from this post, but it's the truth. Not one player has witnessed the treatment new staff members receive, and I guarantee that it will stay that way.

- Keona
~•Hey there Keona, I appreciate you writing that about about myself, Ciel, and Heather, no sarcasm intended, I enjoy knowing what people think about myself as it helps me grow as a person, so I know how to improve. Given what you stated, I apologize for any time I have ever hurt you, or "made you feel bad for learning" however I did that. I know we make mistakes, I've made many myself I've had to work to fix, and we all learn from our mistakes, some faster then others. We don't strive for everyone to be perfect, we strive for everyone to learn and to help them bring out the best person they can be. I see how you might think we (we being Heather, Ciel, and myself) need to "treat the staff team better," but I think we're doing just fine. People don't always seem to take the advice given to them, and see it as negative comments towards them. We may cross the line sometimes, but we simply want to bring out the best in people as we stated before. When I first applied for staff, I had no idea I would actually be accepted give what I had done in the past. But I was accepted, as you can see now. When Heather first started teaching me the ways of being a staff member, I too did not like being corrected, but over time I adapted to the mindset needed and became more self-aware and wanted to learn more, and that's what I did.
~•You, Izzie, and Eun are all right, staff isn't meant for everyone. It takes hard work and lots of patience to learn and grow and become better, It took me a while myself. I may not speak for Heather and Ciel, but I watched them as they interacted with you so long ago and from my point of view, they were not harsh. They wanted you to learn and grow like I did as well, but sometimes that doesn't happen.
~•Continued from what I said previously, we have never had any intention whatsoever to make anyone feel bad for learning, sometimes it can come off as harsh, but it's because we want you to learn. Yes, we need to guide people when they make a mistake, but we also need to discipline. It may not seem fitting, but trust me, being disciplined really teaches you not to make that same mistake again as you don't want to be disciplined yet again, and so on.
~•At the end of it all, yes, we have crosssed the line at some points, and I apologize if I ever crossed the line with you, Izzie, or Eun. I've tried to be a friend to all of you, and that sometimes worked and sometimes failed, after all, all friendships have up and downs.

Again, I wish you the best of luck in life, farewell.

~ Kate.