Mccities - The end of an Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennyhendrick1

Aug 24, 2018
Although i'm not a welcomed face around here the server still, whether i am liked or not, was a large part of my childhood. After recently coming back on to see what the server was like i see that its dying, unfortunately :(. The one thing what kept this server going was the sense of community, and everybody can agree that McCities player-base was Golden! The overall atmosphere of us as a collective made the server overly enjoyable and everyone felt like they were apart of something bigger.

This server came through Thick and Thin the past 4 years i was apart of it. When i had first joined the server i was greeted by a very familiar face name JK1991 or DaPiggie (More recently known as), as i climbed the ranks and become a prominent members i started engaging and building emotional bonds between these people. We had JustYourTypical (@JustYourTypical) who still is to this day one of the best admins who were ever apart of Mccities. We had Zain MZ, who again through the conflict was a strong member of the community. My memory is quite vivid of those times but in what seemed like a blink of an eye McCities took off again, and came the foundations of the server.

For almost 4 months McCities was a 100% vanilla server with the bare minimum plugins. The server was stripped to the essentials and management started again, from scratch. For those 4 months McCities banded together, players from all parts of the city came together to build and triumph in the beta Cities build from cobblestone and dirt. This was when the server took off. Many players, new and old, had started to join at this point. We had Asteroid, Ghilbi (@Ghibli) and even Shadow (Lexter); and the around this period was when the well known NinjaBunny419 joined the server. From that, the foundations were set in stone and the city took off; a well needed fresh start.

This is when the old players and new players came together, in one city, one world, one community. Within these few years the server had its problems (And a lot of them) but staff overcame all of these. Within these few years we had many memorable moments what i was proud to be apart of. Then came Kiri; as much as i hated Kiri at the time he was in my opinion the best thing what could've happened to the server and he deserves recognition for the work he did; in the history of the server he was the fastest promoted and hardest working staff on the server. He worked his way up from a Police Officer to admin; and for that i thank you @nibble!

And for the memorable mentions!:

Andesine (Andy)
Hika
Kurt Hope
IWillows
Juneau
ns_schwartz
ruchdudethe2nd
Harley
Saipo
RemoteFX
Heather
Harley
Mini
Enderport
GroveLags
Trump
KoolKid
Flash
Laggynub
Canary
Jackson
AJ (Nathan)
Leannetheunicorn
Alan
TAV
EPAG
Grace
Edemata (Still sorry for calling you gay)
Sniper
Lemon
Davidthepowerful
And many many many more! Thank you all for the memories i had - And i really do hope the server can come back and there can be a new generation of community present.
Thank you all,
Ben.

lucyluhoo

Former Staff
lucyluhoo
lucyluhoo
Jan 1, 2017
yingr hingr dingr
It was good catching up with you earlier this morning Benny, I’m happy someone is still around that I can talk to about the past. My memory of you is quite vivid other than the part that you griefed and killed me, but you’re still someone from the past and that means a lot. I hope one day you come back and the server starts to thrive once again, until then best of luck.
-willow

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
Hey Benny, Ik u don’t know me, but I remember u vaguely, and have heard stories of u and alan’s travels lol wish ya luck with everything, gotta say some of the stuff here is true

Reactions: laggynab and Minty

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
It's not dying. :/
I really wish, but I think it is. The server is changing. Becoming more toxic. Becoming less fair. Turning away our best players. We can usher in a new era, but at point in time it seems that's not what is happening. Whether it be from watching half of the most well known players leaving this summer, or watching the online player count halved, I've become more pessimistic, which is a shame, because this is the best server I've ever had the privilege to play on.

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Last time I checked it had 23 players online for hours at times whereas it’d be less. I think McCities is fine and a new community is to come especially with all the incoming events. :)
Events and updates don't save servers. Player action saves them, and because so many players feel that their views aren't being heard, I feel that until the issue is addressed we will be fighting an uphill battle.

Edit: Also, please remember that we used to have 40-70 players on for most of the day. It's undeniable that our player count has suffered greatly.

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
McCities doesn’t need saving, same thing and discussion happened around this time last year. We might’ve lost “well-known” players but new players join everyday and same for old as I welcome them everyday and help them out. It may take a while for everyone to get adjusted with school that just started to get more focused. Contact me with any concerns.

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Although i'm not a welcomed face around here the server still, whether i am liked or not, was a large part of my childhood. After recently coming back on to see what the server was like i see that its dying, unfortunately :(. The one thing what kept this server going was the sense of community, and everybody can agree that McCities player-base was Golden! The overall atmosphere of us as a collective made the server overly enjoyable and everyone felt like they were apart of something bigger.

This server came through Thick and Thin the past 4 years i was apart of it. When i had first joined the server i was greeted by a very familiar face name JK1991 or DaPiggie (More recently known as), as i climbed the ranks and become a prominent members i started engaging and building emotional bonds between these people. We had JustYourTypical (@JustYourTypical) who still is to this day one of the best admins who were ever apart of Mccities. We had Zain MZ, who again through the conflict was a strong member of the community. My memory is quite vivid of those times but in what seemed like a blink of an eye McCities took off again, and came the foundations of the server.

For almost 4 months McCities was a 100% vanilla server with the bare minimum plugins. The server was stripped to the essentials and management started again, from scratch. For those 4 months McCities banded together, players from all parts of the city came together to build and triumph in the beta Cities build from cobblestone and dirt. This was when the server took off. Many players, new and old, had started to join at this point. We had Asteroid, Ghilbi (@Ghibli) and even Shadow (Lexter); and the around this period was when the well known NinjaBunny419 joined the server. From that, the foundations were set in stone and the city took off; a well needed fresh start.

This is when the old players and new players came together, in one city, one world, one community. Within these few years the server had its problems (And a lot of them) but staff overcame all of these. Within these few years we had many memorable moments what i was proud to be apart of. Then came Kiri; as much as i hated Kiri at the time he was in my opinion the best thing what could've happened to the server and he deserves recognition for the work he did; in the history of the server he was the fastest promoted and hardest working staff on the server. He worked his way up from a Police Officer to admin; and for that i thank you @nibble!

Andesine (Andy)
Hika
Kurt Hope
IWillows
Juneau
ns_schwartz
ruchdudethe2nd
Harley
Saipo
RemoteFX
Heather
Harley
Mini
Enderport
GroveLags
Trump
KoolKid
Flash
Laggynub
Canary
Jackson
AJ (Nathan)
Leannetheunicorn
Alan
TAV
EPAG
Grace
Sniper
Lemon
Davidthepowerful
And many many many more! Thank you all for the memories i had - And i really do hope the server can come back and there can be a new generation of community present.
Thank you all,
Ben.
Im a player whos been here since 2016, im well aware that im not the oldest here, but im defiantly one of oddies. I know what a lof of the players here are saying about the "golden time" for this sever, because i was there at the end of it. Im not going to agree that this sever is "dying" but its certainly has changed a lot. I love this place, and tbh this sever had grown a LOT, and i think that one of the reasons its changing. Before it was small, few players, close tho, like a family... there wasent as much a need for rules and bans and blah b/c everyone just loved working, and loved their jobs, and love the people around them. But because of the massive amount of growth here, its become a struggle to keep all peace b/c of the need to compete for land, resources, and more so like the real world. Now im not in ANY way shape or form saying this is worse, im just saying its become more real, and its definatly changed a lot. I LOVE the lovelys here, no matter if ur a oldie or a newbie. But this place is changing, now whether you see it for the better or worse, its changing <3 I personally think that we just need to take a step back, and be kinder... imagine we all die tonight, we only have eachother left for a couple hours. Everyone will be more kind than ever... why? b/c you realize that those people wont be there forever.... so isnt that sad that we can be so rude and hurtful on a day to day basis but when people are leaving we suddenly are so much kinder? ;-; We say so many hurtful things everyday, and when players make goodbye posts everyone is so positive and loving... and it makes me cry that we only show love when the end is near ;-; <3 ANYWAYS I love you all <3 Dont FOrget To Smile Lovelys ^-^

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away

Andesine (Andy)
Hika
Kurt Hope
IWillows
Juneau
ns_schwartz
ruchdudethe2nd
Harley
Saipo
RemoteFX
Heather
Harley
Mini
Enderport
GroveLags
Trump
KoolKid
Flash
Laggynub
Canary
Jackson
AJ (Nathan)
Leannetheunicorn
Alan
TAV
EPAG
Grace
Sniper
Lemon
Davidthepowerful
Thank you all,
Ben.
hey dude, you brought a new level of toxicity to cities, but if you've seen it in the past 1 1/2-2 years you're nothing. i am genuinely confused on why leanne made it on your list and not some other player like lems or josh though.
Im a player whos been here since 2016, im well aware that im not the oldest here, but im defiantly one of oddies. I know what a lof of the players here are saying about the "golden time" for this sever, because i was there at the end of it. Im not going to agree that this sever is "dying" but its certainly has changed a lot. I love this place, and tbh this sever had grown a LOT, and i think that one of the reasons its changing. Before it was small, few players, close tho, like a family... there wasent as much a need for rules and bans and blah b/c everyone just loved working, and loved their jobs, and love the people around them. But because of the massive amount of growth here, its become a struggle to keep all peace b/c of the need to compete for land, resources, and more so like the real world. Now im not in ANY way shape or form saying this is worse, im just saying its become more real, and its definatly changed a lot. I LOVE the lovelys here, no matter if ur a oldie or a newbie. But this place is changing, now whether you see it for the better or worse, its changing <3 I personally think that we just need to take a step back, and be kinder... imagine we all die tonight, we only have eachother left for a couple hours. Everyone will be more kind than ever... why? b/c you realize that those people wont be there forever.... so isnt that sad that we can be so rude and hurtful on a day to day basis but when people are leaving we suddenly are so much kinder? ;-; We say so many hurtful things everyday, and when players make goodbye posts everyone is so positive and loving... and it makes me cry that we only show love when the end is near ;-; <3 ANYWAYS I love you all <3 Dont FOrget To Smile Lovelys ^-^
as for you lauren lmaoooo just telling you that you didn't join in 2016 dude but ive been meaning to tell you im gonna shoot myself if you dont smile DONT FORGET TO *a word that staff with use as a reason to take down my post* SMILE

sgt_mason9

Jun 3, 2018
LOL the server isnt dying. We dont just dedicate our lives to playing cities. We have friends and other people we would like to talk to. I for one have sports and other school things i have to deal with before playing. I try to make time for cities but sometimes I cant. Whenever i am on tho, the community is as alive and welcoming as ever. You just need to become friends with the people on the server to understand that cities isnt dying. As much as you may think the server is dead, its not. Try to be nice to people and you will understand what i mean.

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
hey dude, you brought a new level of toxicity to cities, but if you've seen it in the past 1 1/2-2 years you're nothing. i am genuinely confused on why leanne made it on your list and not some other player like lems or josh though.

as for you lauren lmaoooo just telling you that you didn't join in 2016 dude but ive been meaning to tell you im gonna shoot myself if you dont smile DONT FORGET TO *a word that staff with use as a reason to take down my post* SMILE
i did, ive had 2 accounts, and my first account was started in 2016 ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.