Should something be done about José?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mmitchh

Teacher
mmitchh
mmitchh
May 7, 2017
Don't make a fuss over something which isn't a player - this McDonalds is literally just for you to buy food nothing else. I also run a McDonalds, I don't honestly see your point that an NPC is been affected by racism?

Bellaa

papajohn58
papajohn58
Aug 26, 2017
Don't make a fuss over something which isn't a player - this McDonalds is literally just for you to buy food nothing else. I also run a McDonalds, I don't honestly see your point that an NPC is been affected by racism?
*Preach*

H

Heather

I was actually involved in spoofing up a lot of the server NPC’s and can offer some perspective with this.

1) The NPC at McDonalds has always been named as he has, most likely after someone who was involved in making the building. He just got a cooler skin at one point when the skin for the player Jose got a bit bad.

2) There was absolutely no racism intended in putting him there and it was only meant to spice up the types of NPC’s you see in the city.

3) It’s an NPC hun, it’s not a real person. Saying that that’s the only job he can have is kinda silly, because it’s an NPC and not a real person. He’s been known and loved by many, many McCities players over the years who haven’t gone looking for reasons that he seemed racist, they just enjoyed having the character.

4) His cousin is the head chef at Nibbles, so he comes from a long line of chefs. No matter where they work, they are dedicated to making the best food for players.

5) An NPC shouldn’t be changed because suddenly one day someone woke up and decided it was racist. This has never been a problem before and if you don’t try to make a problem with it, there is none. It’s an NPC, part of a game, played by kids. The commentary is there to have fun and enhance the game, not inspire some sort of radical racism in the players. Just try to remember it’s a game and not everything is offensive all the time hun.

mmitchh

Teacher
mmitchh
mmitchh
May 7, 2017
I was actually involved in spoofing up a lot of the server NPC’s and can offer some perspective with this.

1) The NPC at McDonalds has always been named as he has, most likely after someone who was involved in making the building. He just got a cooler skin at one point when the skin for the player Jose got a bit bad.

2) There was absolutely no racism intended in putting him there and it was only meant to spice up the types of NPC’s you see in the city.

3) It’s an NPC hun, it’s not a real person. Saying that that’s the only job he can have is kinda silly, because it’s an NPC and not a real person. He’s been known and loved by many, many McCities players over the years who haven’t gone looking for reasons that he seemed racist, they just enjoyed having the character.

4) His cousin is the head chef at Nibbles, so he comes from a long line of chefs. No matter where they work, they are dedicated to making the best food for players.

5) An NPC shouldn’t be changed because suddenly one day someone woke up and decided it was racist. This has never been a problem before and if you don’t try to make a problem with it, there is none. It’s an NPC, part of a game, played by kids. The commentary is there to have fun and enhance the game, not inspire some sort of radical racism in the players. Just try to remember it’s a game and not everything is offensive all the time hun.
Agreed lmao

Error

May 27, 2018
'Cause we are destroying Jazz's idea lol also we have more then 50 pages on it now. I think my reasoning was the best xD

Error

May 27, 2018
I once saw a customer making fun of a white girl at taco bell once, he was Mexican and scolded her because "she's not doing the correct way of making AUTHENTIC tacos"
Yeah no tacos from Taco Bell are authentic what did they expect.

Bellaa

papajohn58
papajohn58
Aug 26, 2017

preach heater

Reactions: Trump15024

Allex

Alex_the_cool_11
Alex_the_cool_11
Feb 11, 2018
Somewhere on earth
Nowadays everything is racism, sexism, homofobic etc. Everything is counted as creepy. The "José" thing is not racistic. Racism is when you speak/write against a kind of nationality, culture, religion etc in a harassing and discriminated way. Racism is not when you want better migration, when you show a person from another nationality etc.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

jazz450

jazz450
jazz450
Nov 25, 2016
houston, texas
Nowadays everything is racism, sexism, homofobic etc. Everything is counted as creepy. The "José" thing is not racistic. Racism is when you speak/write against a kind of nationality, culture, religion etc in a harassing and discriminated way. Racism is not when you want better migration, when you show a person from another nationality etc.
1. It doesn’t have to just be speaking/writing
2. Well, exactly, there aren’t any other NPC’s wearing sombreros and ponchos throughout the city. Oh well.