Nerf Cops

Yaoke

Staff member
Yaoke
Yaoke
Aug 1, 2017
Criminals on the server have a severe disadvantage against cops. For one, cops can one shot people. They don't even have to aim very well, either. While both of these would require a lot of work to create, maybe add jail bows to make it where they have to aim AT us, and they actually would need some skill to jail us. Also making it where they have to kill us to jail us would work, too. Second, during bank robbery, cops camp in the vault. We provide evidence and report them, yet they get off scott free. They literally have a sign that can teleport them into the vault. How is that fair? Remove it, make cops learn the tunnels as much as us criminals do. Another thing is that earlier today, the one cop one player rule was removed, because it caused, "Too much confusion." What? How can something so simple cause confusion. It's like staff continues to buff cops even though they are already overpowered, and they disregard what we say. Also, some cops don't even follow rules. I know a cop, I won't name names, who has assaulted people, some continuously camp places they aren't supposed to, and they always tell us to speak to trump, though nothing ever happens. Hence earlier today, where they were given more of an advantage. Now, here is what I say to the removal of the one cop one player rule (these solutions are assuming that all the solutions to the other problems that I spoke of above were implemented). 1. Bring back the one cop one player. If the other solutions for jailing and bank robbery were implemented, having the one cop per player would basically level things out in my opinion. 2. Don't allow cops to use slimefun items to catch us. If they can gang up on us, it makes it 10 times easier for them to jail us. So, get rid of their slimefun items. If you have 3 cops going after one person, how come the cops can also use slimefun, giving them such a bigger advantage? I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts on this topic.

Reactions: ayylmfao

pengyy

Verified
Pengy2552
Pengy2552
Millionaire
May 20, 2018
my messenger pigeon
Another good suggestion is to add punishments for cops who fail to jail a criminal, therefore an agreement can be worked out between crims and cops for more balanced role play.

pengyy

Verified
Pengy2552
Pengy2552
Millionaire
May 20, 2018
my messenger pigeon
Another suggestion is cops can use any unfair advantage, gapples etc. but they must kill a crim to jail them. in this scenario it is fair to swarm 1 crim

Yaoke

Staff member
Yaoke
Yaoke
Aug 1, 2017
I agree with that statement, as cops' gear is only so good, they could use advantages like that.

Dwimmer

Principal
jjaacckkssoonn
jjaacckkssoonn
Jun 21, 2018
Australia
google.com
Cops were spoken to earlier about camping in the vault, If it continues to happen msg a chief or trump and we will be more strict about it now that everyone knows the rules, same goes for camping the npc.

Reactions: ItzJazzMade
T

Trump15024

Criminals on the server have a severe disadvantage against cops. For one, cops can one shot people. They don't even have to aim very well, either. While both of these would require a lot of work to create, maybe add jail bows to make it where they have to aim AT us, and they actually would need some skill to jail us. Also making it where they have to kill us to jail us would work, too. Second, during bank robbery, cops camp in the vault. We provide evidence and report them, yet they get off scott free. They literally have a sign that can teleport them into the vault. How is that fair? Remove it, make cops learn the tunnels as much as us criminals do. Another thing is that earlier today, the one cop one player rule was removed, because it caused, "Too much confusion." What? How can something so simple cause confusion. It's like staff continues to buff cops even though they are already overpowered, and they disregard what we say. Also, some cops don't even follow rules. I know a cop, I won't name names, who has assaulted people, some continuously camp places they aren't supposed to, and they always tell us to speak to trump, though nothing ever happens. Hence earlier today, where they were given more of an advantage. Now, here is what I say to the removal of the one cop one player rule (these solutions are assuming that all the solutions to the other problems that I spoke of above were implemented). 1. Bring back the one cop one player. If the other solutions for jailing and bank robbery were implemented, having the one cop per player would basically level things out in my opinion. 2. Don't allow cops to use slimefun items to catch us. If they can gang up on us, it makes it 10 times easier for them to jail us. So, get rid of their slimefun items. If you have 3 cops going after one person, how come the cops can also use slimefun, giving them such a bigger advantage? I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts on this topic.
Criminals on the server have a severe disadvantage against cops
While cops do have one hit jail sticks criminals have 3-4 criminals surrounding 1 cop, they all have protection 6-7 armor with level 4 potion effects, and op axes with blinding and other high level potion effects.

Second, during bank robbery, cops camp in the vault. We provide evidence and report them, yet they get off scott free.
Yes, some cops have camped in the vault. However, the claim that I let my officers off Scott free is false. We have had 3 different new training events on bank robbery along with constant upgrades to police rules to make bank robbery smoother. Along with that I have issued multiple warnings to officers over the time bank robbery has been here.

Another thing is that earlier today, the one cop one player rule was removed, because it caused, "Too much confusion." What? How can something so simple cause confusion. It's like staff continues to buff cops even though they are already overpowered, and they disregard what we say. Also, some cops don't even follow rules. I know a cop, I won't name names, who has assaulted people, some continuously camp places they aren't supposed to, and they always tell us to speak to trump, though nothing ever happens.

The one cop one player rule was something I did as a gift to criminals. Not one minister in McCities history has ever added that. I thought adding a few features for criminals would be nice but instead me and my officers have been met with rude and disrespectful comments and remarks. When I saw 1 officer being attacked by 3-4 players at bank with op mythics no reason why 2 cops can't go after an op pvper or assist like real cops do irl.

Saying that when you report nothing happened is false. I know the officer you are talking about and he has gotten an official write up which contributes to demotion points.

I will be adding some new rules for police and criminals in the future.

Yaoke

Staff member
Yaoke
Yaoke
Aug 1, 2017
I'm glad to hear that something is being done then. On the topic of the one cop one player, when the cop is being attacked by multiple people and they can't jail them, then they need to be trained better then. And, you have planned events for that, so sounds good. The main thing is if cops can gang up I don't think they should be able to one shot criminals.

T

Trump15024

I'm glad to hear that something is being done then. On the topic of the one cop one player, when the cop is being attacked by multiple people and they can't jail them, then they need to be trained better then. And, you have planned events for that, so sounds good. The main thing is if cops can gang up I don't think they should be able to one shot criminals.
I am making post on this soon

Turkey

Former Staff
PurpleTurkey
PurpleTurkey
Mar 22, 2017
4 Privet Drive
Criminals on the server have a severe disadvantage against cops
While cops do have one hit jail sticks criminals have 3-4 criminals surrounding 1 cop, they all have protection 6-7 armor with level 4 potion effects, and op axes with blinding and other high level potion effects.
Yea lol idk about this one. Even with blindness, pretty much anyone can land one hit. Personally I think the jail stick is what is too op, it should require like 3-5 consecutive hits for a 'counted' jail.

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
“While cops do have one hit jail sticks criminals have 3-4 criminals surrounding 1 cop, they all have protection 6-7 armor with level 4 potion effects, and op axes with blinding and other high level potion effects.”

Dear trumpo, the gear came at a cost. What does it take to be a cop? Awesome 12 hours of playtime and a 90k temporary balance. What does it take to be a crim? AWESOME! Not very much indeed! Just a few mil of gear and an expensive weapons and we’re set!

“Yes, some cops have camped in the vault. However, the claim that I let my officers off Scott free is false. We have had 3 different new training events on bank robbery along with constant upgrades to police rules to make bank robbery smoother. Along with that I have issued multiple warnings to officers over the time bank robbery has been here.”

How epic it is you see cops camping at the main entrance of the vault, instead of inside the vault. (Despite the fact theres only one way I’m and out) Thank you so much! Very much appreciated I would say!

“The one cop one player rule was something I did as a gift to criminals. Not one minister in McCities history has ever added that. I thought adding a few features for criminals would be nice but instead me and my officers have been met with rude and disrespectful comments and remarks. When I saw 1 officer being attacked by 3-4 players at bank with op mythics no reason why 2 cops can't go after an op pvper or assist like real cops do irl.”

1. Don’t call everyone OP. Cops declare a player OP is when they punched a cop once.
2. The one cop one player rule is a gift indeed, but heavily abused. Cops were literarily lining up after me. When I attacked a cop they stood around me and watch, and when the cop got killed another joined right in. Cops either don’t know the definition of detail, or they simply ignored it, like if you were singing.
3. A cop can easily defeat 4 players with a simple 4 clicks on their trackpad.
4. You have grapples and slime advantages if the crim uses it. It’s not our fault some cops are too lazy to craft some
5. We don’t trash talk cops without a reason

“Saying that when you report nothing happened is false. I know the officer you are talking about and he has gotten an official write up which contributes to demotion points.”

Yet incredibly, he is not demoted yet

Reactions: Apache 207
T

Trump15024

“While cops do have one hit jail sticks criminals have 3-4 criminals surrounding 1 cop, they all have protection 6-7 armor with level 4 potion effects, and op axes with blinding and other high level potion effects.”

Dear trumpo, the gear came at a cost. What does it take to be a cop? Awesome 12 hours of playtime and a 90k temporary balance. What does it take to be a crim? AWESOME! Not very much indeed! Just a few mil of gear and an expensive weapons and we’re set!

“Yes, some cops have camped in the vault. However, the claim that I let my officers off Scott free is false. We have had 3 different new training events on bank robbery along with constant upgrades to police rules to make bank robbery smoother. Along with that I have issued multiple warnings to officers over the time bank robbery has been here.”

How epic it is you see cops camping at the main entrance of the vault, instead of inside the vault. (Despite the fact theres only one way I’m and out) Thank you so much! Very much appreciated I would say!

“The one cop one player rule was something I did as a gift to criminals. Not one minister in McCities history has ever added that. I thought adding a few features for criminals would be nice but instead me and my officers have been met with rude and disrespectful comments and remarks. When I saw 1 officer being attacked by 3-4 players at bank with op mythics no reason why 2 cops can't go after an op pvper or assist like real cops do irl.”

1. Don’t call everyone OP. Cops declare a player OP is when they punched a cop once.
2. The one cop one player rule is a gift indeed, but heavily abused. Cops were literarily lining up after me. When I attacked a cop they stood around me and watch, and when the cop got killed another joined right in. Cops either don’t know the definition of detail, or they simply ignored it, like if you were singing.
3. A cop can easily defeat 4 players with a simple 4 clicks on their trackpad.
4. You have grapples and slime advantages if the crim uses it. It’s not our fault some cops are too lazy to craft some
5. We don’t trash talk cops without a reason

“Saying that when you report nothing happened is false. I know the officer you are talking about and he has gotten an official write up which contributes to demotion points.”

Yet incredibly, he is not demoted yet
What it comes down to is criminals want bank robbery handed to them without it being hard. No minister in the past has found it necessary to make these changes and I do not either.

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
What it comes down to is criminals want bank robbery handed to them without it being hard. No minister in the past has found it necessary to make these changes and I do not either.
Are you aware how we are relating to the factor on cops against crims on the streets, but not in robberies. Personally I have no hatred towards the robbery system, but I am annoyed in how basic cop vs crim rules worked

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
Are you aware how we are relating to the factor on cops against crims on the streets, but not in robberies. Personally I have no hatred towards the robbery system, but I am annoyed in how basic cop vs crim rules worked
Which is why we're working to solve this issue soon.

Acer

Bpacer
Bpacer
Mar 4, 2018
Yea lol idk about this one. Even with blindness, pretty much anyone can land one hit. Personally I think the jail stick is what is too op, it should require like 3-5 consecutive hits for a 'counted' jail.
Nothing is too op. Cops have one job to do and that's to arrest criminals that break laws. Police gear and the jail stick is not at all op considered other weapons and armor. There are other armors that are better than police armor somewhere out there possibly. That being said, even though people think the jail stick is op, well what can you really do about it and it's not at all because we don't even kill anyone with it, we hit once and they get sent to jail. Police vs Criminals, we stand 0% chance to try to catch criminals fighting each other and whoever wins either stay out of jail or goes in jail. To be fair, police armor is just there to protect us and police still die even with armor and tbh the police armor won't possible change anytime soon because then that brings advantages on the criminals. side note: the police stick rarely ever gets abused.

Last edited:

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
What really frustrates all of us is your TRUE understanding of crims. If cops spend a single day off as a criminal you will finally understand the struggles we have been encountering.

Imagine a hacker on other servers, pvping with a sharpness 1000 sword. Who would win?( If some of the cops don’t consider that sharpness 1000 sword as a one hit I can say that they are true my stupid)

So relating back to cops, you find it hard to jail us because, no offense, a few of you only had limited experience in pvp. We crims have to hit you 30+ more times to kill. Bows don’t do much either, as cops have projectile protection IV on every piece of their armor.

And oh yes, you still haven’t considered fairy sticks to be op. It is literarily at the same level as a command-produced sword. So let’s sum it up: who would win(considering both have the same skill) a stacked player with 3 sets of armor, an axe and bow, slime gear, protection 4-5, verses a fairy, allowed to use whatever the crim is using. The answer is already clear.

I am very very frustrated none, literarily NONE of you cops, know how much we’ve been through. This isn’t about opinions, it’s about pure experience every one of you refused to go through. You’re all in denial, on how we’ve been through pvp training and gear building, while ya’all are complaining on a job, which went through a supposingly unofficial application. Yet, your still unhappy. You should be happy with your abilities already, instead of complaining to us.

And Oh yes, this post will be counted as harassment as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Apache 207
T

Trump15024

What really frustrates all of us is your TRUE understanding of crims. If cops spend a single day off as a criminal you will finally understand the struggles we have been encountering.

Imagine a hacker on other servers, pvping with a sharpness 1000 sword. Who would win?( If some of the cops don’t consider that sharpness 1000 sword as a one hit I can say that they are true my stupid)

So relating back to cops, you find it hard to jail us because, no offense, a few of you only had limited experience in pvp. We crims have to hit you 30+ more times to kill. Bows don’t do much either, as cops have projectile protection IV on every piece of their armor.
I was a criminal on McCities for one year. I understand the complaints and not one minister has found them to be a concern.

T

Trump15024

And ever since that year, I can say you are not aware how much has changed?
I was a criminal for one year on the server going from being a noob criminal with a pistol to have an op mythic. I was also a police officer to and have been on both sides. The roleplay has been fine for 4+ years. No weapons have changed for criminals and police have not gotten any more op. Nothing has changed. The roleplay has remained the same.

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
I’m telling ya, I don’t think you have that kind of thinking. I also know how criminals don’t attack cops that much in the old days. I’d REALLY suggest you to be a crim for a few days and tell me how you feel.