Phones?

D

Deleted member 832

Donators have tptoggle.

thats a good thing..... theres few ways that staff can't see what you do which is good
Yeah, but remember that backpack dupe? People could share it without being caught on logs..

Lemonss

Oct 24, 2016
Yeah, but remember that backpack dupe? People could share it without being caught on logs.
dude, there's things like skype, text messages, TeamSpeak, and the list goes on. If you really want to share and keep something secretive, you use other means and other platforms.

D

Deleted member 832

dude, there's things like skype, text messages, TeamSpeak, and the list goes on. If you really want to share and keep something secretive, you use other means and other platforms.
Fair point, but still, it ain't exactly a good idea to have a server chat that can't be viewed by mods

Lemonss

Oct 24, 2016
Fair point, but still, it ain't exactly a good idea to have a server chat that can't be viewed by mods
theres a few current ways players can chat without staff seeing, and of those ways they seem to cause little issues.

D

Deleted member 832

theres a few current ways players can chat without staff seeing, and of those ways they seem to cause little issues.
Ok. Lol, it seems like we are having a chat and responding to two different threads

Lemonss

Oct 24, 2016
Ok. Lol, it seems like we are having a chat and responding to two different threads
But onto phones, there used to be a plugin in development i tested out and worked well and would be nice to add, but it was kind of inconvenient

D

Deleted member 832

But onto phones, there used to be a plugin in development i tested out and worked well and would be nice to add, but it was kind of inconvenient
We did have a bukkit phones plugin, but I remember that it never worked, but there was a 911 option that worked well for police

Lemonss

Oct 24, 2016
We did have a bukkit phones plugin, but I remember that it never worked, but there was a 911 option that worked well for police
the 911 was a very good way for players to report crimes by giving some realism and by removing chat spam. Would be nice to add back in

D

Deleted member 832

the 911 was a very good way for players to report crimes by giving some realism and by removing chat spam. Would be nice to add back in
Yeah, but bukkit is dead and the Dev is inactive, I checked

D

Deleted member 832

TBH, the police can never catch murderers, police should be able to unlock locked doors

Andesine

Oct 26, 2016
Yeah, it would be cool to have group chats and such, like when you click the phone it opens up a menu and you can chose if you want to call a specific person or text someone or like make a group chat. Texting could be kind of like mail but if you enter texting mode it kind of goes to a whole separate chat where you could see the messages? Maybe a GUI with an item to represent a person, and when someone says something, their icon, or the item, would be sort of named to say what they said? Or the name could be their name and the lore could be what they said, so you could like check your texts and the history. That would be really cool.

Reactions: Jo3512

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
Yeah, it would be cool to have group chats and such, like when you click the phone it opens up a menu and you can chose if you want to call a specific person or text someone or like make a group chat. Texting could be kind of like mail but if you enter texting mode it kind of goes to a whole separate chat where you could see the messages? Maybe a GUI with an item to represent a person, and when someone says something, their icon, or the item, would be sort of named to say what they said? Or the name could be their name and the lore could be what they said, so you could like check your texts and the history. That would be really cool.
That could work.. It would be cool.

Laurel

MissFrosty
MissFrosty
Jan 13, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
Maybe (if the suggestion is accepted) we could have phones. The phones would be special things like backpacks that open into a menu. You may dial a phone number (call) (which is typing msg without having to do /r or /msg ) , receive calls, & it could also have a built in compass. These items could be like sf so you can only get them by making them or buying them from another player. The phone also allows people to play mini games. For instance, a mini spleef game, where there is a red team & a blue team. Or a hide & seek game where you can transform into a block. You can also message people with it. Like a real phone, you can text message other players about things, there could be group chats with more than 2 players, you can do lots of things on it. Once again incase this suggestion is denied, I just hope you can still see my point of view.

Thanks for reading,
-Hermione
They could make new models that come out every year so that people will want to get new phones, then they could sell their old ones.

Turquoise

Jan 4, 2017
Maybe in the phones there could be an amazon/ ebay system.. that would be really cool

Also maybe make it function like a portable shop

RemoteFX

Apr 8, 2016
We have considered the idea of phones for quite a while, besides the features listed above what else would you guys like to see implemented with them if they were to become a thing?
It could be implemented into a team speak/discord server to move people into private channels to actually have a phone call. Im not a good coder so I wouldn't be able to do it and I dont know if those pieces of software are used alot by the server and if they even allow editing. Be a cool addition though.

Jo3512

Cyber Bullied
Maggot
Dec 7, 2016
They could make new models that come out every year so that people will want to get new phones, then they could sell their old ones.
Nah i can imagine the staff either releasing them all at once. Or only releasing 1 model. The anual thing wont work