Republic OF RUNNERBORO OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD [April 18']

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
Ladies and Gentleman, here is the official election thread.
Below are our following candidates;

Representative:
SirKosmo (R)
Knight3000 (D)
Ach3rous (NP)
Sickjoke (I)

Senator:
Magic_Terminator (D)

Candidates, You are allowed to comment speeches and whatnot below.
Citizens, you are allowed to ask candidates questions.
Below are the basics of what each candidate believes in and plans to do. If you reside in Cayman, Golden Oaks, or any island, your vote will be counted, however it is strongly encouraged that Runnerboro residents vote. It is also important to keep in mind that this election has the potential to effect the world as a whole no matter where you reside. Below is a creed that would define Federalizing Runnerboro. This bill will have to be signed by the Mayor in order to pass, or overthrown by a political majority.

How voting works: Voting is in a similar electoral fashion but not quite.
If you live in Runnerboro, your vote will count as 2. If you live anywhere else, your vote will count as 1 emphasizing once again, a method similar to the electoral college of the United States, but not quite.

Link to vote: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Ser51Xw05bgQDCEnulcMwIvQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Representative Candidates:
Name: SirKosmo
Political Party: Republican
Time on server at time of application "'Technically' joined in Nov but didnt become fully active until Feb."
Reason for choosing Representative:
I believe as a representative within the Republic that we can achieve tremendous growth, bring a tight neighborly community together, and have the world flocking to live in Runnerboro and be in awe to those who do live there.
What do you plan to do for this community?
We must create 3 things for the community - public ameneties, beautifully crafted plots, and jobs. Promote areas for living and flourish with a commercial center for business and trade.
What makes you better than other candidates?
Sometimes the new kid on the block has ways if doing things those told timers just dont know about anymore.
Candidate Speech (New!):
We can keep this sweet and simple for the people of MCC and Runnerboro! My name is SirKosmo and Im looking to become your next representative of Runnerboro! Now of course youre going wonder why this kid is here trying to get you to vote him, right? Im sure weve all shared a beer together, especially if you know me and if you have then you know Im just like yall, a person. Not a politician. Im here to improve your standards for living by pushing for cheaper plots for anyone with high build expectations, allow public plots to become more common for hanging out safely with your friends, and the most important thing is that I want to push industry for everyone! Create places for jobs and businesses to flourish and prosper as everyone wants them to! But as I said, Im going to keep this short and sweet. Remember that when you vote SirKosmo, youre voting for a better future for not only Runnersboro but for you aswell.

Name: Knight3000
Political Party: Democrat
Time on server at time of application: "1 year"
I choose this position because I feel that I have a lot to offer to the community. And would be a great asset.
I plan to continue what I have started in the community such as making it a better place for everyone by fixing up the city roads and cleaning up areas of the city.
I have a lot of experience with the Runnerboro government as I was a former North Governor of Runnerboro. I also have a lot of experience helping people.
Candidate Speech (New!)
I feel that I am a good candidate because I have what it takes to make great changes to the government and to the city. I also feel that I will be able to continue where I left off my revitalizing the city to its full potential. So make sure to vote for me for the Representative of Runnerboro. So together we can continue to make positive change for everyone! and have a government where everyone gets a say.

Name: Ach3rous
Political Party: Non-Partisan
Time on server at time of application: "About 4 weeks at this point, with almost 3 days ingame time."
Runnersboro is a very interesting community, and it is great to see what they have been working on. I wish to start small within the community and it's government, with the position of representative. Representative is a stepping stone for those who are getting into politics, and for someone such as I suddenly coming onto the scene, I believe it would be great.
I plan to do what everyone promises, which is to improve it. I have many ideas to bring players together within and outside the community, to bring a bigger sense of organization and player involvement. I have ideas for events, and ways to bring more communication and attention to the community.
Leadership skills. I have over 200 hours in volunteer service, being a den chief within a local cub scout pack. Every Tuesday I help run meetings, organize events, and control the behavior of the children. In Boy Scouts, leadership is everything. Few individuals step up to lead, with me being one of them. I have been Senior Patrol Leader twice (Boy leader in the troop), along with being a member of the Order of the Arrow, a prestigious Boy Scout honor society. To join, one must obtain votes from two-thirds of the troop, and pass an ordeal, a test to see if they are fit to join. From there they do events within the community. The leaderships I have acquired from this and experience within my community makes me stand out within this community.
Candidate Speech (New!):
Greetings, citizens of Runnersboro. Time has come for another election, and I am partaking in such. In this day and age, the government has need of headstrong representatives, one who will cast aside their will for the will of the people. Running as a non-partisan, I plan to follow that statement fully. As a non-partisan, one must accept both sides of the ballot. To split the line between the two parties down the middle, picking the best and worst of both fronts to create a perfect balance for the society. I believe fully in these ideals, that neither party is correct or wrong. On one side of the ballot, you have the Democratic's. They are on the left-wing of the political spectrum, who believe in more government involvement, and more accepting viewpoints on matters such as immigration, and civil rights. On the other lay the Republicans. The Republicans believe in less government involvement, and more control by each individual, promoting the right to bear arms and having a more conservative mindset. But is either 'right'? I do not believe so. In the eye of the people, there is no right or wrong to define every single person's beliefs. It is near impossible to create a plan to represent everyone fully. I know I cannot do the impossible, but I can make what is a possible reality. Being a non-partisan representative, I plan to fully utilize what I- No, not I. What the people think is best. Representing them fully in this community, we shall obtain as close to perfect as we can. I have many ideas regarding the future welfare of this community. Ideas such as events to gather attention and support for the community, and ideas to help promote a fully functioning economy within. When issues are on the table, I will contribute ideas that draw the line right down the middle. I just need your trust. In order for me to fully represent the communities ideas, wills, and beliefs, I need the community right there behind me. So I ask for your vote, citizens of Runnersboro. A vote to get me elected, but a vote that means much more. A vote regarding the hope of the future, and the reality of the present. Each vote is a step towards as close to a perfect balance as we can. On the scale of the judicial system, if just one weight is placed on the wrong side, the scale will tip that direction. But in the emblem itself, the scale is balanced. As it should be. Reliqua libertas vera aequalitas. Balance is freedom, and balance is truth.

MORE CANDIDATES BELOW!

eatsmith

Sep 27, 2015
CONTINUED REPRESENTATIVE CANDIDATES

Name: Sickjoke
Political Party: Independent
Time on server at time of application: "almost a year"
I chose this position to bring in my ideas and service into RunnerBoro
I plan to help the community to the best of my ability, by offering my service and my time and being devoted in RunnerBoro. I will also bring my ideas not only into the conversations we hold but choices being made that are concerning plots, and the island expansion, and etc. I will of course give all the support that I can to the community by spreading the word about RunnerBoro activities and spreading nothing by good things about RunnerBoro.
I stand out from other applicants by being confident in my choices and discussions and my helpfulness to not only players but activities that the island will hold.
Candidate Speech (New!):
To me, Runnerboro has always served as a model for what all island owners should want with their own islands. Though an estimated 20% of active players may own property on Runnerboro, many of the players that I've talked to only know the name and not what Runnerboro truly serves as a model for many island owners and a long-standing island that has flourished over its time. What I want to do as representative of Runnerboro is to create a culture in which members of Runnerboro's community can feel a part of. This can involve role-play and player-to-player help that players may neglect to ask for. My goal would be to make the residents of Runnerboro comfortable and proud that they can call themselves a part of our great community. As the island continues to grow and grow, I believe that it's even more important to maintain a healthy and helpful community for both old and new players, which is why I think I fit the role of representative. To represent the island and its people to the fullest. Thank you for your consideration -Sky

Senator Candidates:
Name: Magic_Terminator
Time on server at time of application: "11 months"
Reason for choosing Senator:
I chose Senator because i wanted to try join but not take on a big role like Representative is. I would be still completely willing to put effort into the government and put a fair share of time into it.
To continue with the current projects in place, such as selling skyscrapers and shop plots. I would also help in planning for the empty spaces in Runnerboro which can be used.
I have skills in managing things and time. I know my priorities and what needs to be done. As a officer i enforce the law and time management is essential in knowing when things need to be done. I will be able to manage this and help the government with ease.
Candidate Speech (New!):
I am Magic_Terminator but you can call me Mitchell and i am running for the position of senator in the 6th Runnerboro election. I have decided to run for this position as it is my dream to help manage an island which i love and to the best of my ability. I wanted to hone my skills and learn the ropes of being a island manager, and Runnerboro was the obvious choice. By joining this i hope to learn from the current officials and know how to manage an island such as Runnerboro so i can apply these skills to helping other people and help improve myself as a person. I am currently a principal of the school and also help to use these skills into managing the island, as it isn't the easiest thing and does require similar skills as the Senator job. I am a passionate person who is willing to help people however difficult or stressful the situation is, which is a necessity for a government official. If elected i would continue with the current projects of the island, and other ideas making the island a better place, such as making the empty places of the island a useful area for the public and citizens. I would avoid making decisions which cant help the island in the best way possible.

T

Trump15024

Usually, as the President, I would endorse certain candidates. However, the candidates listed above and what they will do for the island is absolutely wonderful! Whoever wins I cannot wait to work with you.

Reactions: Minty and Death
T

Trump15024

Runnerboro Presidential Agenda April-June 2018

This is the Presidents agenda for the government.

1. The agenda from April-June will be a conservative one.
  2. Limited Government- Meaning that this part of my agenda for Runnerboro is that the government does not get involved in every aspect of everything on Runnerboro.
  3. Giving more choices, options, and openness to plot owners on Runnerboro
  4. Conservative Budget: Don't waste money on useless projects that will not help Runnerboro
  5. Plots: In this part of my agenda Runnerboro will not just be a plot island, but will continue to buy back plots in places where the space can be used for more useful projects, terraform before regioning, and create reasonable size plots.
  6. Terraforming- One of the key parts of my agenda for the next two months is to provide enough resources to terraform the island fully.
  7. Keep the government at its current size. My agenda is to not make the government any larger but use what we have to make projects 100% done and efficient.
  8. Add public entities meaning not just to make Runnerboro a plot island but a public island with things people want to do.
  9. Turn PVP on the island and make a designated place for competitions/PVP
  10. More business and business opportunities in Runnerboro

I think its time for a major conservative change in Runnerboro and this starts with my new agenda for the government. I hope all new and current government members vote yes on bills that are conservative and that helps Runnerboro.

Reactions: Minty and SirKosmo

SirKosmo

SirKosmo
SirKosmo
Dec 22, 2017
Texas
I hope I get the chance to work with you guys, I have many ideas to help bring public amenities to the island to attract a newer group of players to the island.

Atlair

Former Staff
Verified
Jun 19, 2017
A Powerful Universe
As Vice President, I'm endorsing Sickjoke as she'll make a great addition to the government of Runnerboro. She will be loyal/focused on fixing and reforming Runnerboro. I've known SickJoke for a while and I believe she'll help make the great changes in the government, she always tends to make a compromise and see everyone's point of view. The candidates for Representatives are all great, but Sickjoke will show complete hard work and bring many of the creative ideas to the table which is needed in the current government.

Vote SickJoke for a Beautiful Future in Runnerboro!

T

Trump15024

I am not sure of the other candidates but I have enjoyed hearing about everyone’s ideas and views for the island especially @SirKosmo as I think me and him are on the same page about a new conservative agenda for Runnerboro.

Reactions: Minty and SirKosmo