Case Closed Stolen House

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostFlame

Aug 26, 2018
So I'm leaving the server for good, but before I was going to leave I decided to give away my stuff. I gave away all my properties, one being Pandzmansion which I had bought from Alex_the_cool_kid ( or Alex_the_cool_11 something like that) I had it for like a day or two and had just finished the crappy looking basement and put down the basic SF machines. Anyways Like I said I was leaving the server so I put it up for sale at $69 for my friend LeeLeeLemon to buy, and Idk how, ig they tracked me, but _Chick_fil_a_ and Grizwalda showed up and _Chick_fil_a_ bought the house and when I msged him about it he wouldn't give it back. This was a gift I wanted to give to my friend before I left and I would love to be able to get it back so he can have it.

Heres a screenshot showing that I DID own the house, in case thats somehow an issue.
1624413097015.png

Reactions: LeeLeeLemon

Gabby_X0X0

Jan 15, 2017
pee
@LeeLeeLemon can you confirm that you were going to buy the house? @chickfila do you have any comments?
My client @_chick_fil_a_ is asleep at the moment. We will be releasing a statement, later on, the incident that has occurred. Also, I'd like to mention @_chick_fil_a_ partner @Grizwalda is innocent is not a witness. Furthermore, @_chick_fil_a_ is innocent !!!

- Thanks Gabby, also, we will show out with proof!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LeeLeeLemon

DelicateBean

Mar 20, 2017
I just wanted to formally state that I have zero part in this court case and I tpaed to Chick only after the property was purchased. That being said, I cannot speak as a witness to the purchasing of this property.

-Grizwalda

LostFlame

Aug 26, 2018
I just wanted to formally state that I have zero part in this court case and I tpaed to Chick only after the property was purchased. That being said, I cannot speak as a witness to the purchasing of this property.

-Grizwalda
Right, I saw you and Chick fil a when I was still in the basement, idk if he had already bought it or not but I noticed both at once. But it was Chick fil a who bought it so this case is against him. I just thought it was good to lay out everything that happened.

Lateley

Jan 11, 2019
Mars
May I suggest something? If you do not find this useful you can delete it.

I think LostPups is just careless on selling the house. He should've found a better time organising the transfer of ownership from himself to LeeLeeLemon. As the house was resold on the public property market, chickfila has the right to purchase it.

This may also be referred to resolved court cases on this matter, such as this: https://mccities.com/threads/house-bought-after-auction-won.19070/

_chick_fil_a_

Oct 20, 2018
Lostpups, you should've been more careful when transferring ownership of the house to LeeLee. Please refer to the aforementioned court case on this matter and read Smilinq's ruling.

Reactions: Gabby_X0X0

nate

Architect
Verified
Yhia
Yhia
Jul 15, 2019
United States
I don't think this is against the rules, as you put the house up for sale, anyone with a sufficient amount of money could buy it.

lostinthewqrld

sebgotbanned
sebgotbanned
Oct 12, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't think this is against the rules, as you put the house up for sale, anyone with a sufficient amount of money could buy it.
You should re-read the rules
Abuse of not fairly priced regions
- No purchasing regions that are being sold for absurdly low prices, such as 0$ or 1,000$ [Region took away + partial balance reset - Permanent ban]

T

Trump15024

Thank you guys for both commenting. The question here is should a player have to return a plot if it was up for sell on the forsale market if there was already a previous private deal in place to sell it.

In the court-case mentioned above, Smilinq laid out a standard of how these cases should be handled. In that case, a player randomly put up a forsale house that had been won in an auction when the other player was not on. This was a risky move, and the player had to take responsibility. The plot was also sold for a fair market price.

However, in this case both LostPups and LeeLeeLemon took measures to minimize risks. They both had a set time, place, and agreement to transfer the plot. They understood the risk, but they did as much as possible to minimize it.

The other option to transfer a house is through staff. However, players must have a reliable and safe way to transfer plots to each other besides staff because sometimes they are not available. A market economy needs some type of safe platform to work with (here the plot market and the area shop plugin.)

I see no reason why Chick Fil A should keep the house. This wasn’t a risky situation like in the previous case with Smilinq or a fair market rate. Also, a plot selling for $60 might cause a consumer benefit to Chick Fil A, but it leaves LostPups the “producer” at a loss larger than the benefit the consumer received. Therefore, everyone is worse off economically in this situation.

The house should be returned to LeeLee. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.