Ww3 might happen at this point

Uni

Apr 8, 2017
narnia
aight, ww3 is probably never gonna happen. i’m not a fortune teller n stuff but iraq knows that the united states is far too strong and overpowers them.
if iraq decides to start a war, the united states could easily win in maybe just hours. the people making jokes about it are actually starting a war if you think about it; iraq might be thinking they’re equally as strong because of it.
the bombing iraq did (i’m pretty sure yesterday) didn’t cause any casualties, and not much damage to bases (still very horrible that it happened although) president trump has said that they are keeping an eye on iraq so no mischief will happen :)

Reactions: laggynab

Cozmicraft

Verified
cozmicraft
cozmicraft
Citizen
Everyone is saying Trump is doing scary stuff but in reality he is defending us from a country who has been harassing us for years. Don't believe me? Look it up. Don't jump on the bandwagon and say you hate Trump. He isn't the greatest president but he certainly isn't the worst. Nobody should be afraid of war right now. I would be scared if Russia or another country attacked us, but that's not happening.
The thing though, is that they would have done little to bother us if we hadn't been running around in their country for the past 40 years. Personally, I think that we did have a right to be there, but if anything constitutes "Harassment", it's showing up and violating a nation's sovereignty. Yes, they have attacked Americans stationed there, and yes, they are a very unethical nation, but at a certain point you have to back out and accept that being a superpower doesn't give you the right or the capability to unilaterally control other nations.

Hidden124

RobWilson
RobWilson
aight, ww3 is probably never gonna happen. i’m not a fortune teller n stuff but iraq knows that the united states is far too strong and overpowers them.
if iraq decides to start a war, the united states could easily win in maybe just hours. the people making jokes about it are actually starting a war if you think about it; iraq might be thinking they’re equally as strong because of it.
the bombing iraq did (i’m pretty sure yesterday) didn’t cause any casualties, and not much damage to bases (still very horrible that it happened although) president trump has said that they are keeping an eye on iraq so no mischief will happen :)
Do you mean Iran? Iraq is the country the US embassy and military bases are located in Iran was never invaded by the US and is the one who launched the counter attacks on joint Iraqi-US bases.

T

Trump15024

I agree with much of what you say here, I've just got a few little things to point out.

-Iran is not a theocracy. By definition, a theocracy is a government where (a) priest(s) rule in the name of god. While it does have some aspects of the very religious caliphate style governments, and while the entire government does have a very strong religious influence, by definition it is a flawed republic in which the supreme leader appoints those who appoint him (Effectively making him an autocrat, similar to Russia's upper parliamentary chamber being appointed by the President, which in turn appoints the prime minister, who appoints the president)

-China's economy is doing well. While yes, growth is slowing down, and they may not be headed for the position as superpower as previously thought, it is still growing by about 6%. Compare that to the U.S' 2%, an already strong figure, and you have a strong economy. Slowing economic growth is not an indicator of a weakening economy, as we can see with the EU, Japan, etc. You are totally right that they would be hesitant to intervene, however, as their military is still far from up to par with modern ones, and they need all the money they can get to continue to modernize it.

- We will never launch ICBMs at Iran unless they perform a nuclear strike first, which is currently impossible with their military technology. They, like all nuclear weapons, are simply a deterrent. ICBMs would serve no purpose if we were actually attacked, as any confrontation exceeding conventional military firepower would be apocalyptic regardless of what we do.

- If a draft is not necessary, or if the president is reelected, a proxy war is very much possible. Russia and China both fueled a proxy war in Vietnam, as both knew that they weren't actually risking a war with the U.S. (Mutually Assured Destruction, or M.A.D. for short, has been what defines diplomacy between nuclear adversaries since the dawn of the cold war).

I agree with the rest of what you say though. It would be foolish for Iran to attack the United States directly. It's in both our and Iran's best interests to de-escalate this, to prevent any further blood from being shed on either side. American or Iranian, a death is still a death regardless and if it can be avoided it should be.
- The government of Iran has been described as a "theocratic republic" by the CIA world fact book. According to Iran's constitution, "all civil, penal, financial, economic, administrative, cultural, military, political, and other laws and regulations must be based on Islamic criteria. All aspects of their government are based on islamic "philosophy". The Guardian Council (who decides who is able to run for office) is made up of clerics. While Iranians do get to vote in elections, the guardian council (aligned with the supreme leader) can block any candidate they fear are too far from the policies of the council. While I agree that Iran is not a "complete" theocracy, its clear that Islam has an effect on every aspect of their government, including elections.

- I think I should've elucidated my point more clearly. China is not going to risk their current chances of being a world superpower, or at least lose influence, for a middle eastern war. However, you stated "while growth is slowing down, it's still growing about 6%, compare that to the U.S.s 2%, an already strong figure, and you have a strong economy", but next you say "slowing economy growth is not an indicator of a weakening economy. " Maybe I'm missing your point, which could be likely, but the statements contradict. Could you clarify, or point out my mistake in analyzing your comments?

- Agreed

- Proxy war would be more likely.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Other news came out: The millitary group from Iran that executed the first attack says they are planning more similar attacks on America and arn't done with their revange.

Guess this means they are going for all out war, I wonder if they came up with a plan so far or that they are just trowing rocks to see what is going to happen.

WW3 isn't on the table yet though, Europe isn't hungry for War atm and we are also kinda pissed about that Syria situation. So we'll probably support America on Paper and in front of the camera, but make sure Iran knows that we are not the reason for any casualties.

The Netherlands better stay Neutral for once, so done with us wasting money on Guns and violence instead of focussing on taking in the refrugees and making sure the diplomacy progresses quickly.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
I wish the best to anyone who lives in the middle east btw. Sucks that Europe messed up your borders and ever since it's been just chaos. Hope you all stay safe <3

Uni

Apr 8, 2017
narnia
Also, the news just broke that US intelligence is confident that Iran shot down the passenger jet that went down in Tehran.
it was a ukrainian jet, all the people on it died. the usa (+ canada) are saying it might have been on accident as they thought iran thought it was a united states jet that was planning to attack

Hidden124

RobWilson
RobWilson
it was a ukrainian jet, all the people on it died. the usa (+ canada) are saying it might have been on accident as they thought iran thought it was a united states jet that was planning to attack
Definitely an accident Iran would not purposely shoot down a passenger plane it does not help them in earning foreign support for kicking the US out of the middle east and certainly Iran was on such high alert with the missile defense because of the recent US-Iran tensions. That being said it's the responsibility of every country in a conflict to target military assets and prevent civilian causalities at all cost now many country's do not always follow this the US included but Iran is obviously trying to cover it up by not releasing the black box of the plane and there quick cleanup at the crash site to cover evidence. They need to accept responsibility for a tragic error the more they hide the more they fit the label of an unstable radical country government that needs to be eliminated.

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
They did shoot it down, but they thought it was an army related plane flying towards their Army bases.

So yeah, that was very stupid of the Iranian army xd