Selling Captain Island

T

Trump15024

Thank you very much for stating your support of Mehlife and Knight. Other players may agree that they would do a good job, but in the end it's up to the island owner. This was a very sweet thing to do, but their island plans are vague, and there's still a chance they will be outbid. Overall, this doesn't make much of an impact is all I'm letting you know.
Ok thank you :)

Reactions: ItzJazzMade

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Oke so ehm
1. when will the bidding end?

2. I now realise mehlife said she's still working on getting 22m. So I want to make sure if it becomes clear that they can't buy it for 22m and need to bid lower I will / can too? Like otherwise I'm kind of overbidding for no reason and I'd rather not spend almost all my money on the island. (Transfer costs, Arch costs, regular living, planned giveaways)

Pixel

Dec 27, 2016
a galaxy far far away
Oke so ehm
1. when will the bidding end?

2. I now realise mehlife said she's still working on getting 22m. So I want to make sure if it becomes clear that they can't buy it for 22m and need to bid lower I will / can too? Like otherwise I'm kind of overbidding for no reason and I'd rather not spend almost all my money on the island. (Transfer costs, Arch costs, regular living, planned giveaways)
Yes, please do not bid money that you do not have secured yet, and the bidding is planned to wrap up in the next week or so.

For future bidders please explain what you wish to do with the island in more depth with steps you'd take towards that. Thanks a lot.
New highest bid

Powerfull

Former Staff
Verified
Powerfull
Powerfull
Citizen
Mar 22, 2017
An open letter about the island of Captain

The following message is to the owner/owners of the island of Captain. The players who have signed this letter/message support Mehlife and Knight3000’s bid for the island of Captain. Although, Knight and Mehlife might not have the highest bid they do have a well established, structured, and the capability to make the island of Captain spectacular.

We also stand by their reputation and their ability to run an island. Mehlife is the current minister of security, an active member of the community, Sr Moderator, was in the Runnerboro government which means she has experience in helping run an island, and has played on the server for over a year. Knight3000 is the longest-serving police officer on the server, an active player, business owner, Chief of Police, has been a player on McCities for over a year, and for over two terms helped run the island of Runerboro. We are talking to others who will later sign onto this.

Signed and agreed to by,

Trump15024- Teacher, company owner, Sr Police, President of the Runnerboro Government, and Island owner.
Justyourcasual- Owner of a large company on Runnerboro
GalaxyPegasus
Spyders_Crypt- Chief of Police
NinjaGaming23- Former Sr Police
The island of Bob
Apple inc
ramdon_person
Actinograph- (Nopesnotyou) former police officer
2704patrick
SoulWaffle
S3b4s01
IronGamer777- Member of the cabinet of the Runnerboro Government
Wolfoverlol
Obsidiangalaxy
LegoProdigy- Former member of the island of Runnerboro
Bpacer
khanqs- Former Police
While this is a nice post, I don't think having ur alt sign a letter is very acceptable, but eh its up to u. Also, its up to pixel who she sells to, and like she said they haven't given any plans for the island. Also, questions to Meh and Knight, who will be building/what are u making the island/how will you balance your responsibilities? Police is a big job, same with running a company or being a sr mod

Reactions: ItzJazzMade
T

Trump15024

While this is a nice post, I don't think having ur alt sign a letter is very acceptable, but eh its up to u. Also, its up to pixel who she sells to, and like she said they haven't given any plans for the island. Also, questions to Meh and Knight, who will be building/what are u making the island/how will you balance your responsibilities? Police is a big job, same with running a company or being a sr mod
Apple inc is my company I did have an alt with that name but it was Apple__inc, not Apple inc. Also, my alt account's name has been changed for over two weeks. Apple inc who signed it was my company not my minecraft account. I run a company, I am a teacher, Sr police, running Runnerboro, and I am able to run Bob perfectly just like today we un-regioned what 4 more plots on the island and on Runnerboro we are bringing beach front apartments.

Also since this has been posted 5 more players have joined on to pledging support for Mehlife and Knight

Also, I think if over 20 players signed support for mehlife and Knight it should have an impact on an island being sold in the community.

It is very clear that Knight3000 and Mehlife has well thought out plans for the island of Captain. Mehlife currently has a detailed document and information ready to make an island a spectacular vacation area for players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevor

Jun 12, 2018
Apple inc is my company I did have an alt with that name but it was Apple__inc, not Apple inc. Also, my alt account's name has been changed for over two weeks. Apple inc who signed it was my company not my minecraft account. I run a company, I am a teacher, Sr police, running Runnerboro, and I am able to run Bob perfectly just like today we un-regioned what 4 more plots on the island and on Runnerboro we are bringing beach front apartments.

Also since this has been posted 5 more players have joined on to pledging support for Mehlife and Knight

Also, I think if over 20 players signed support for mehlife and Knight it should have an impact on an island being sold in the community.

It is very clear that Knight3000 and Mehlife has well thought out plans for the island of Captain. Mehlife currently has a detailed document and information ready to make an island a spectacular vacation area for players.
Yes you got signatures on it but in reality it's whatever the seller wants to do. I'm sure you probably just msged people in game or put it into chat if people would want to support, which is pretty much guaranteed to get people since all they have to do is say yes. I'm sure if you wanted to do it for someone else the same result would occur. And also, the people "signing" really don't or shouldn't have an impact, since it's not their choice of what they want the island to be and they're not paying anything.

Reactions: shroomchi
T

Trump15024

Yes you got signatures on it but in reality it's whatever the seller wants to do. I'm sure you probably just msged people in game or put it into chat if people would want to support, which is pretty much guaranteed to get people since all they have to do is say yes. I'm sure if you wanted to do it for someone else the same result would occur. And also, the people "signing" really don't or shouldn't have an impact, since it's not their choice of what they want the island to be and they're not paying anything.
True I never said this message would force anyone to do anything it was just a message of support for their plan. The way this was conducted was explaining the situation, the plan, and who was bidding and out of that we allowed players to decide how they felt.

Reactions: Trevor

Death

Mar 18, 2017
I doubt like 90% of them knows what happens behind the scenes. I dont feel like exposing anything about anyone cause thats a really trash move. But guys please dont bid money you don’t have, it will end up causing some drama. Also trump, most of the people who signed it are co workers/ boss / are friends with them. There isnt much regular players who know their plans. I bet if I ask each one of them a number of them wouldnt even know. Sure they support someone but, you don’t need to make a open later to say it should impact the bid. I bet I can easily rally a number of supporters but why would I care to do that. Ive already had 3-4 wealthy players msged me saying they wanted to join or support me without me even telling anything.

But again dont want to cause drama last take is on pixel so gl to everyone once again!

T

Trump15024

I doubt like 90% of them knows what happens behind the scenes. I dont feel like exposing anything about anyone cause thats a really trash move. But guys please dont bid money you don’t have, it will end up causing some drama. Also trump, most of the people who signed it are co workers/ boss / are friends with them. There isnt much regular players who know their plans. I bet if I ask each one of them a number of them wouldnt even know. Sure they support someone but, you don’t need to make a open later to say it should impact the bid. I bet I can easily rally a number of supporters but why would I care to do that. Ive already had 3-4 wealthy players msged me saying they wanted to join or support me without me even telling anything.

But again dont want to cause drama last take is on pixel so gl to everyone once again!
Since the letter more players have signed on to their plan. New and old players. I know that the open message will have little to no effect but I think that when an item is being sold almost near a 30m value mark players have the right to examine, analyze, and then determine their stance on something that could affect the game player of the server.

Reactions: Optic

Death

Mar 18, 2017
21million will be my final bid for captain island.
I have come to realize that it isn’t worth spending to go up to 30mils eventually to buy one island.
For this reason I remember when Tiger and Turkey told me when they bought captain, and they were planning to build switzerland on it. I remember telling them Id pay 20mil for it back then. That was probably a long time ago maybe a year already I don’t know. I know people want an island badly but, I know that paying money that much isn’t worth loaning or paying up for. Maybe people are thinking why not buy it its an island its the end game. But you can do so much more with the money you are willing to spend on an island.

Time to give my plans: I will be regioning a sub island from around the size of 80x80 - 100x100 and my friend will be paying me 8-10mil for it which he contributed in the bid I placed. He really wanted a sub small private island and that he would give it back to me if he decided to quit or leave the server eventually. I myself want a base or somewhere to just relax to do stuff I want to do. Its a nice beachy themed island with lots of water so Im pretty much set for the most part on terraforming. However I know I can dedicate my time to really doing something I enjoy which would be creating my lab on the island. To do my slimefun and have a place to enjoy. I know that it sounds pointless and all but I work with a lot of machinery so a lot of space is really a must when it comes to slimefun. I know now why I haven’t been able to make a solid plan despite owning several islands, my mind was too distracted from the one thing I wanted to do so I stuffed it with too much ideas tried to compile it in one place. I think that this island would really make me happy in the sense I can have this beachy paradise to enjoy the slimefun I would be doing on it. It was never easy working in a limited space environment but working on somewhere where the sea is the limit really allows me to widen out what I want. As well as build an Hq for me and my friends who like pvp and stuff. And one sort of museum sort of thing to store my slimefun, I know that I don’t have too much rare stuff but I think that displaying a few hundred diamond mythics would be really cool. And possibly build an arena to practice for pvp, but I might take that idea off. I know that it doesn’t exactly benefit the public but I want to enjoy the island for what it is a private island. I don’t mean to sound greedy in any way to keeping majority of the island to be used for myself.

This is my final bid and layout for what I want the few last private islands that exist on the server to be. It may not sound like the best but for once I want to be able to do what I want without ownership or plans or area history binding me from completing my goals on here.

I also want to say thanks to the people who supported me in trying to get it, qwikie, 783583, Arius, Powerfull, Pengy and Taehya. I know that my bid could have been bigger nor was I expecting that even a few players willingly wanted to support me. I may have not been the biggest bidder but I think that the bid isn’t the only think that will be counted in decision making for it. Thanks again to everyone who supported me and good luck to the other bidders.

Thank you for taking the time to read this anyways.

Last edited:

ItzJazzMade

Former Staff
Verified
Empty_exe
Empty_exe
Oct 14, 2017
Google maps
Here are our (koekie and my) plans for Captain

At first we would finish some of the terraforming, the tunnel system, north part of the island and expalnd the river system.
Once the island is finished we will transfer it over into survival (As I believe if we buy captain we also buy the already build land on turkeys plot?)

Now the slow progress of editing the island by regioning houses, creating a city center, harbour, extra beach, Suburban neighberhoods with public pools, playgrounds. An open air theater train system + Centrail station. Roads, small airport (For easier plane departures) and some ideas that I rather not share in the public as I want them to be a suprise for the public (Think for cool regions, public buildings).

We will try to keep the vibe of the current builds of the island intact, thats where Koekie_w comes in, his modern house style fits really nice on the island. His suburban houses are beautifull and will definitly make some nice neighberhoods. We will try to prevent the houses from becom!ming blocky and industrial or the opposite that they are randomly regioned anywhere. We are really looking to make it into a nice organised city.

With the neighberhoods we can easily protect some unregioned parts of the island and still have part of the island for the citizens to explore and enjoy.
The castle in the north is unfinished, and even tho it looks very good we will have to remove it. I'm just going to be straight about that.
The castle in the south will stay intact, as it's already finished and looks really nice!

The reason I want the island to be public is because I really want the island to be part of the community. Private islands may be beautifull, but after a while they get lost and forgotten and the owner of the island has no motivation to continue it. By making it public but still having the beautifull vibe of a private beautifully made island, we can improve and create the island all the time and make sure it's a lot of fun for many people, and stays fun!

Captain in my eyes is the most beautifull island as of now (speaking of the one in arch world) and I am happy I got to work on it! I really want to make sure it gets finished first before I start making it public and all. I may not have given this impression in the past, but I will work very organised and I am not looking to make money of captain. Once I start selling plots I will make sure almost all of the money goes back into captain or the community.

These are my plans and visions for the island Captain.
Hereby I put my bid on 23m, as the work on Captain is really worth a lot!